Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » WebCenter Suite & Portal » Understanding URL (Oracle Portals 10g)
Understanding URL [message #325246] Thu, 05 June 2008 06:39 Go to next message
balaraju_m
Hi All,

I am new to Oracle portals. So need your help solving a problem. my application URL is

http://xyz.com:7777/developer/page?_pageid=34,86405,34_86462:34_86469&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

can anybody tell me what is thsi _pageid here. How the webserver use thsi _pageid to show appropriate page.

Thank you,

regards,
Bala.
Re: Understanding URL [message #327543 is a reply to message #325246] Mon, 16 June 2008 18:15 Go to previous message
patrickhaston
Hi Bala,

The portal url is made up of a number of components:

- The server name and the port number its listening on,
- The location of the page processing engine (in your example it's at /developer/page
- The database access descriptor (_dad) which tells the page processing engine where your database is
- The schema on your database where the page information is stored
- The id in the table of pages where the page you want to display can be found.

If you browse through the schema yourself you should be able to find the table with the pages in it. I can't remember the table name, but just look, DON'T MAKE ANY CHANGES!

Your page number is 34, but you may have tabs on the page and the second number indicates which tab should be made active.

Not sure why you wanted to know, but hope this is helpful.

Patrick.

PS, this was worked out by deduction and trial and error, so if you find any official documentation that tells you something different, then use that.
Previous Topic: Creating AJAX portlets in Oracle Portal
Next Topic: printable oracle portal page !!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:07:49 CDT 2024