Home » Open Source » Programming Interfaces » Problem in connecting Perl with Oracle (Windows Oracle 9i/Perl)
Problem in connecting Perl with Oracle [message #326716] Thu, 12 June 2008 06:57 Go to next message
k.prasad07
Hello All

Please reply ASAP

I've installed Perl 5.10 successfully and all other perl program running perfectly.
But it's showing following problem when i'm trying to connect oracle
Problem:
1. The procedure entry point OCIXML TypeCreateFromSrc could not be located in the dynamic link library OCI.dll.
2. install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load 'C:/Perl/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll' for module DBD::Oracle: load_file: The specified procedure could not be found at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 202
at (eval 4) line 3
Compilation failed in require at (level 4) line 3.
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected at dbi.pl line 3
See below mentioned coding from which I intended to connect Oracle (dbi.pl)
use strict;
use DBI;
my $dbh = DBI->connect( 'dbi:Oracle:orcl','scott','tiger',)|| die "Database connection not made: $DBI::errstr";
$dbh->disconnect();
Thanks
Kanhaiya Prasad
Delhi
Re: Problem in connecting Perl with Oracle [message #326718 is a reply to message #326716] Thu, 12 June 2008 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tahpush

Have a look at this

Re: Problem in connecting Perl with Oracle [message #326888 is a reply to message #326718] Thu, 12 June 2008 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
k.prasad07
I've check what you indicated to see
But where is the solution.
I'm still waiting for the solution.

Thanks
Kanhaiya
Re: Problem in connecting Perl with Oracle [message #326904 is a reply to message #326716] Fri, 13 June 2008 00:50 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
In OraFAQ Forum Guide, Posting guidelines section, it is stated:

If you feel that a message is not admissible for some reason (offending language/opinions, personal attacks, ...), you can report it to the moderator staff. But if you want extra attention for your topic, reporting will act counter-productive.

Regards
Michel

Previous Topic: DB Links and Jboss XA connection
Next Topic: ODBC and PL/SQL tables (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:50:55 CDT 2024