Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Naming user trace files (10.2.0.1.0, WIN XP)
Naming user trace files [message #328843] Mon, 23 June 2008 01:09 Go to next message
durgadas.menon
Hi,

I want to create trace files for every user that logs into the database in which the user name will be reflected so that I can find it easily. I want to accomplish this by using logon system trigger for every login.

tracefile_identifier parameter could help me but I am not sure how

I thought of creating a trigger

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER logintrig
AFTER LOGON ON DATABASE..

use the user_name (USER) and run EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'alter session set tracefile_identifier =||'''||user_name||''' but don't think this will help

Any way to do this?
Re: Naming user trace files [message #328856 is a reply to message #328843] Mon, 23 June 2008 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
use the user_name (USER) and run EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'alter session set tracefile_identifier =||'''||user_name||''' but don't think this will help

Why? Did you try it? (After fixing the syntax errors)

Regards
Michel
Re: Naming user trace files [message #328867 is a reply to message #328856] Mon, 23 June 2008 02:59 Go to previous message
durgadas.menon
Yes..it did work

I thought the trigger would execute in the DBA schema (who owns it) but I was wrong the trigger runs on every schema individually.

Thanks
Previous Topic: how to store a data in client a few time and send a data to the server
Next Topic: Field concatenation during load using SQL*Loader
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 14:36:06 CDT 2024