Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » SQL LOADER... URGENT HELP !!!
SQL LOADER... URGENT HELP !!! [message #329381] Wed, 25 June 2008 04:52 Go to next message
kvivek@techmahindra.com
I have a data file that looks like:

REC001;TO_NAME;TO_ADDR;TO_PHONE
REC002;ITEM_ID1;DATE_DELIVERED1
REC002;ITEM_ID2;DATE_DELIVERED2
REC002;ITEM_ID3;DATE_DELIVERED3
REC002;ITEM_ID4;DATE_DELIVERED4

i want to load this in the Database using SQL LOADER in this format:

NAME | ADDR | PHONE | ITEM | DATE DELIVERED
-------------------------------------------------
TO_NAME TO_ADDR TO_PHONE ITEM_ID1 DATE_DELIVERED1
TO_NAME TO_ADDR TO_PHONE ITEM_ID2 DATE_DELIVERED2
TO_NAME TO_ADDR TO_PHONE ITEM_ID3 DATE_DELIVERED3
TO_NAME TO_ADDR TO_PHONE ITEM_ID4 DATE_DELIVERED4

Basically i want the name, addr, phone from REC001 to be repeated every time i load REC002.
Any help on how to do this.
Re: SQL LOADER... URGENT HELP !!! [message #329384 is a reply to message #329381] Wed, 25 June 2008 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
S.Rajaram
And how urgent is your requirement because we have huge back log and it will approximately 2 light years to attend any urgent request and for normal request it will be attended when the next forum member become available.

Since this being your first post I will suggest you to read the forum guidelines before posting.

For your kind of requirement it will lot more easier by doing it using external tables rather than sql*loader. For more information on how to use external tables check the oracle reference manual under utilities section.

Also from next time it will be lot more useful to avoid the word "URGENT" as it will attract wrong attention like what I have just lectured above and also post some sample data, insert scripts and the expected output.

Regards

Raj
Re: SQL LOADER... Help needed... [message #329393 is a reply to message #329384] Wed, 25 June 2008 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kvivek@techmahindra.com
Changing the sub Line... (point taken)

Thanks for your astronomical point of view Wink it was certainly more entertaining than the tech one...

The problem still persists... I want to know if there is any way we can load the above data to DB using "sql*loader".
Re: SQL LOADER... URGENT HELP !!! [message #329414 is a reply to message #329381] Wed, 25 June 2008 06:37 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Read OraFAQ Forum Guide.
Don't use title in UPPER case
Don't use words like urgent...
Read documentation.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Import - views/synonyms
Next Topic: sql loader question (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 02:09:11 CDT 2024