Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » TNS Listener again (Oracle 10g,10.0.2.0,Win XP)
icon9.gif  TNS Listener again [message #332206] Mon, 07 July 2008 21:19 Go to next message
sahla

Hii...

I have problem with TNSListener again and again , I installed oracle 10g and I had not have any problem and i can work with oracle enterprise manager in browser after installed it (dbconsole,sqlplus,tnslistener,and oracle service all of working normally).after that i go home. this day,when I start my PC again the TNSLister service stopped working by no reason.
then sqlplus couldn't too.

The error message which I have got is :
"The OracleOraDb10g_home1TNSListener service on Local Computer started and the stopped. Some services stopped automatically if they have no work to do, for example the Performance log Alerts service."

and when I try sqlplus "/ as sysdba" on command prompt I have got this error :
Error 6 initializing SQL*Plus
Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found
SP2-0750:you may need to set ORACLE_HOME to your oracle software directory.

please help me as soon as possible...
I don't want to reinstall Oracle
thank you in advance
sorry for my bad english T_T
Re: TNS Listener again [message #334642 is a reply to message #332206] Thu, 17 July 2008 09:15 Go to previous message
msmallya
Hi,

You may try by adding environment variable ORACLE_HOME / Value in mycompter - properties - advanced - environment variables

Thanks and Regards,

MSMallya

[Updated on: Thu, 17 July 2008 09:15]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: unable to connect to oracle 10.2.0.3 with plus33 release 3.3.2.0.2
Next Topic: TNS frame types in SQLNetv2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:24:26 CDT 2024