Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Reconcillation of data loaded thro sqlloader to remote server (Solaris)
Reconcillation of data loaded thro sqlloader to remote server [message #338866] Wed, 06 August 2008 02:34 Go to next message
manoj339
Hi,
I have a unix script which calls sqlloader from one host mc and loads data to another server using userid ,passwd & instance name of 2nd server.
host is solaris .
database is oracle on both hosts.
The dba has told that db-link will not be created to 2nd db.
I 've a reconcillation table on both db instances with ref no,archived date and so on.
I want to set archived date for each ref no to sysdate when data for all tables have been loaded successfully into 2nd db for the ref no.
I do not know which method is correct.
The count of tables for each ref no takes long time if list of ref nos being archived is large.Pl suggest alternative method to reconcille.
Re: Reconcillation of data loaded thro sqlloader to remote server [message #338872 is a reply to message #338866] Wed, 06 August 2008 02:47 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
If you have to synchronize data of several tables and can't use db link (and so materialized views) then use import instead of sql*loader.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: using 8i dump to import into 9i
Next Topic: Problems when running SQL Loader with a sequence and the option direct=true
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 02:50:16 CDT 2024