Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Interface between Oracle and SQL Server databases
Interface between Oracle and SQL Server databases [message #341089] Sat, 16 August 2008 05:25 Go to next message
Hiro_ZA
Hiya

I need to trasnfer some data between an Oracle 10g database and an MS SQL server database. The first phase of my project will only require movement of data from Oracle tables to SQL Server tables. Phase two will require me to read data from the SQL server database, and use some of this data to update the Oracle database, and then write some of the Oracle info to the SQL server database.

Could you guys please point me in the right direction? What sort of info can I read up on? If there a tool which can perform these tasks? I did see something on www.dbload.com but not sure if anybody has ever used this software before?

thanks Smile
Re: Interface between Oracle and SQL Server databases [message #341110 is a reply to message #341089] Sat, 16 August 2008 10:18 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Please read & FOLLOW the Posting Guidelines as stated in URL above

Both EXCEL & ACCESS can open connections into both MS SQLServer & Oracle. Either could be used as a bridge/interface between the 2 database servers.

Alternatively create CSV files to pass data between the 2 RDBMS.
Previous Topic: apex home page not response
Next Topic: gateway for drda(db2udb8.1) ora-28527
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 03:35:42 CDT 2024