Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » importing into em with dmp file (Windows XP pro service pack 2)
importing into em with dmp file [message #341186] Sun, 17 August 2008 14:10 Go to next message
torenhof
Hello,

I'm trying to import data from a dmp file into my em but when i read the log it always tells me the following error ORA-01950: no privileges on tablespace 'USERS'
I dont know how i could solve this problem.
I'm using em10g
if i try it in dos i gives me the same error.
I have tried almost everything now and havent found a solution.
Does anyone now a possible solution to this?
Re: importing into em with dmp file [message #341187 is a reply to message #341186] Sun, 17 August 2008 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Please read & FOLLOW the Posting Guidelines as stated in URL above

>I'm trying to import data from a dmp file into my em
EM? As in Enterprise Manager? EM is a utility & not a container which holds data.

01950, 00000, "no privileges on tablespace '%s'"
// *Cause:  User does not have privileges to allocate an extent in the
//          specified tablespace.
// *Action: Grant the user the appropriate system privileges or grant the user
//          space resource on the tablespace.

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/statements_9013.htm#i2155015

[Updated on: Sun, 17 August 2008 14:17] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: importing into em with dmp file [message #341188 is a reply to message #341187] Sun, 17 August 2008 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
torenhof
well i think i gave the user al the sufficient privileges.
Do u know what privilege i must give this user or how i can check what privileges a user already has?
Thanks already for the reply u gave
Re: importing into em with dmp file [message #341189 is a reply to message #341186] Sun, 17 August 2008 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Please read & FOLLOW the Posting Guidelines as stated in URL above

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/statements_4003.htm#i2058207
Re: importing into em with dmp file [message #341191 is a reply to message #341186] Sun, 17 August 2008 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Excuse me, but - what does your problem have to do with Reports & Discoverer (as you've decided to put the question here)? Would you like us to move this topic somewhere else (where you might have a better chance to get an answer, or a few suggestions more than here)?
Re: importing into em with dmp file [message #341260 is a reply to message #341191] Mon, 18 August 2008 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
torenhof
if u could do that, its because im having this problems with the orace 10 version for 4 days that im getting a little bit desperate. and therefore i didnt pay enough attention to put it in the right subforums i guess. i apologize for this
Re: importing into em with dmp file [message #341283 is a reply to message #341260] Mon, 18 August 2008 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It appears that the problem belongs to the Server Utilities forum (dealing with Import related problems), so I'll move it over there.

DMP file you have is a result of the export operation. Now you'd like to import its contents into (another?) user's schema. I don't use Enterprise Manager so I can't comment how to perform import using EM, but - could you switch to command prompt and show us your importing attempt? It should be something like
> IMP target_username/its_password@database_alias FILE=your_dmp_file.dmp LOG=logfile.log

It will probably fail for the same reason as in EM. So, did you check whether this "target_username" has all required privileges? If not, did you grant those privileges? How did you do that?
Re: importing into em with dmp file [message #341316 is a reply to message #341283] Mon, 18 August 2008 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
torenhof
Littlefoot wrote on Mon, 18 August 2008 03:31
It appears that the problem belongs to the Server Utilities forum (dealing with Import related problems), so I'll move it over there.

DMP file you have is a result of the export operation. Now you'd like to import its contents into (another?) user's schema. I don't use Enterprise Manager so I can't comment how to perform import using EM, but - could you switch to command prompt and show us your importing attempt? It should be something like
> IMP target_username/its_password@database_alias FILE=your_dmp_file.dmp LOG=logfile.log

It will probably fail for the same reason as in EM. So, did you check whether this "target_username" has all required privileges? If not, did you grant those privileges? How did you do that?

here's the line i use in the command prompt

imp system/oracle@orcl file=\f:oracle\stag2728.dmp full=y ignore=y

i created a user data and a schema data in enterprise manager
so i think it should work.

Re: importing into em with dmp file [message #341317 is a reply to message #341283] Mon, 18 August 2008 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
torenhof
Littlefoot wrote on Mon, 18 August 2008 03:31

i granted user rights in sqlplus
and did it like this

connect as sysdba

grant sysdba to system
grant sysoper to system

it tells me in sqlplus that privileges are granted succesfully
Re: importing into em with dmp file [message #341318 is a reply to message #341317] Mon, 18 August 2008 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
babuknb

>>ORA-01950: no privileges on tablespace 'USERS'

right now your facing the above error while importing data's try this command.

ALTER USER USER_NAME QUOTA UNLIMITED ON TABLESPACE_NAME

Now; Try to import.

Babu

Re: importing into em with dmp file [message #341391 is a reply to message #341317] Mon, 18 August 2008 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
torenhof wrote on Mon, 18 August 2008 07:04

and did it like this

connect as sysdba

grant sysdba to system
grant sysoper to system

But you granted this to user SYSTEM, not user TARGET_USERNAME. SYSTEM would most likely have these privileges anyway.

Also, you would not need to give those privileges just to allow a user to import. Never give more privs than necessary.
Re: importing into em with dmp file [message #341393 is a reply to message #341391] Mon, 18 August 2008 13:38 Go to previous message
torenhof
joy_division wrote on Mon, 18 August 2008 12:58
torenhof wrote on Mon, 18 August 2008 07:04

and did it like this

connect as sysdba

grant sysdba to system
grant sysoper to system

But you granted this to user SYSTEM, not user TARGET_USERNAME. SYSTEM would most likely have these privileges anyway.

Also, you would not need to give those privileges just to allow a user to import. Never give more privs than necessary.

I have given the right permissions tot the correct user and now it seems to work fine now.
I was able to import my data from the dmp file
thank u very much
Previous Topic: Exporting whole database from oracle 9.0 to 9.2 (windows
Next Topic: dmp file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 08:13:16 CDT 2024