Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Want to use Oracle sequence at the time of loadiing data (Oracle 10g on linux 64 bit)
Want to use Oracle sequence at the time of loadiing data [message #342382] Fri, 22 August 2008 03:52 Go to next message
MIFI
Hi,
I want to use sequence when loading data in sqll loader, but the problem is i could not use sequence object of oracle to load the data by sql loader, i can use sequence of sql loader.

I want to use sequence object because in later entries this sequence object will be used.If i use sequence of sql loader how can i use oracle sequence object.

Using External table will not help.

Is there any other option
Re: Want to use Oracle sequence at the time of loadiing data [message #342389 is a reply to message #342382] Fri, 22 August 2008 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
I don't understand what you want, what you don't want and why sequence database object does not fit your requirements.

Regards
Michel
Re: Want to use Oracle sequence at the time of loadiing data [message #342395 is a reply to message #342389] Fri, 22 August 2008 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MIFI
Because when i am loading data from sql loader i could not use oracle sequence, i need to use SQL Loader sequence.

After loading data in sql loader, my application will be up and running and the Oracle sequence will be used, then sequence used in sql loader and oracle sequence will not be synchronised.

Re: Want to use Oracle sequence at the time of loadiing data [message #342408 is a reply to message #342395] Fri, 22 August 2008 04:56 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
Because when i am loading data from sql loader i could not use oracle sequence

This is wrong you can (as long as you don't use direct mode).

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: importing data into 10g from 9i
Next Topic: Importing Data from Flat file to Oracle Database Tables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 10:30:20 CDT 2024