Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » desktop configuration for orafaq new threads
desktop configuration for orafaq new threads [message #348883] Thu, 18 September 2008 03:53 Go to next message
dr.s.raghunathan
hi,

someone said that he had seen one of the desktop shows the icon whenever new topic is posted in orafaq. (details of title will be displayed with popup menu. How was it done? (ofcourse he stays in the net while doing other stand alone pc jobs)

yours
dr.s.raghunathan

Re: desktop configuration for orafaq new threads [message #348900 is a reply to message #348883] Thu, 18 September 2008 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I guess that you should research use of

/forum/fa/5053/0/

OraFAQ Forum feature. In order to successfully use it, you'll need to have an RSS reader. My internet browser is Opera, and it supports RSS feeds; the screen looks like this:

/forum/fa/5054/0/

Search the net for "RSS reader", download and install any of them (after checking which one is the best one), if necessary.
Re: desktop configuration for orafaq new threads [message #349004 is a reply to message #348883] Thu, 18 September 2008 09:40 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
I use thunderbird for RSS. Handy to browse all the threads/followups. Any RSS reader would do.
Just a "subcription" to individual forums to my gmail account. I get only the first posting and not all the followups (unless I participate in the thread).
Previous Topic: suggestion if possible
Next Topic: Annoying, marketing, or spam?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:37:06 CDT 2024