Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Performance Issues
Performance Issues [message #349074] Thu, 18 September 2008 15:54
skotian
Hi,

Am not sure if I should be posting my query in this forum, but I'll do it nonetheless.

We recently built an Oracle 10g(10.2.0.2) Test Database based on our existing 9i(9.2.0.5) production database. The Oracle Forms (10.1.2.0.2) application is deployed via the Oracle Application Server and connects to the 9i production database. This setup works perfectly well. However, when we recompiled the forms against the Test 10G database and deployed them via the Application server, we found significant sql performance issues when the application was run in the 10g database. Before this, we had regenerated schema statistics in the 10g database using DBMS_STATS. What is all the more strange is that when the problem causing queries in Forms are run in SQLPLUS, they execute with significantly less cost and time.

To summarize, we have inconsistent costs and execution times for the same queries when run from Oracle Forms+App Server and when run from SQLPLUS. Any thoughts, suggestions, advice will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Suraj
Previous Topic: Forms and Reports Services
Next Topic: ORACLE APP SERVER HIGH AVAILABILITY
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:12:14 CDT 2024