Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Data Pump REMAP_SCHEMA priveleges issue
Data Pump REMAP_SCHEMA priveleges issue [message #352234] Mon, 06 October 2008 14:16 Go to next message
tmcallister
I'm trying to do a data pump of userA into userB, across a network link (this part is actually extraneous, I've tried to vie network and file with no difference).

I have a working directory and granted access, I have an established and tested database link. I *HAVE* granted the users on both ends the import/export full database privilege.

The command:
impdp express_b/express_b directory=data_dir network_link=rac remap_schema=express:express_b version=10.1

The error:
ORA-31631: privileges are required
ORA-39122: Unprivileged users may not perform REMAP_SCHEMA remappings.

When I look these up, I see that they denote that a import/export full database privilege is required. But I've granted these already. What else do I need to provide for oracle to behave as expected (or for you to provide an answer)?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Data Pump REMAP_SCHEMA priveleges issue [message #352238 is a reply to message #352234] Mon, 06 October 2008 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
ORA-39122: Unprivileged users may not perform %s remappings.
 *Cause:  A user attempted to remap objects during an import but lacked the
          IMPORT_FULL_DATABASE privilege.
 *Action: Retry the job from a schema that owns the IMPORT_FULL_DATABASE
          privilege.

Regards
Michel
Re: Data Pump REMAP_SCHEMA priveleges issue [message #352240 is a reply to message #352234] Mon, 06 October 2008 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tmcallister

Unless I'm missing something I expressly stated I already granted that privilege?

I assume I'm missing something but have no idea what it is...
Re: Data Pump REMAP_SCHEMA privileges issue [message #352456 is a reply to message #352240] Tue, 07 October 2008 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tmcallister
Ah I discovered the problem.

Grant <import/export> full database to <user>

!=

grant <imp/exp>_full_database to <user>

Privilege != Role.

I was doing the former, when the later was required.

Follow-up question: Suppose a have one particular schema that I want to expdp/impdp into a different named schema, in a different tablespace, having a different datafile, on a completely different system.

Do I need to explicitly specify the remap on the schema, tablespace and datafile, or if I have the schema/tablespace/datafile already properly created, can I simply and only specify the remap of the schema?
Re: Data Pump REMAP_SCHEMA privileges issue [message #352498 is a reply to message #352456] Wed, 08 October 2008 01:24 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You have to also remap the tablespace.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: How to use OR in WHEN clause?
Next Topic: Reg the dump file fails to import
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 07:02:01 CDT 2024