Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » import problem (oracleXE apex 3.1.2)
import problem [message #357904] Fri, 07 November 2008 02:46 Go to next message
dr.s.raghunathan
hi,

i am new to this thread (server utilities ). I have one problem on exporting and importing tables of the same user workspace same password.

For example.

In home and office in both places i am using one userid and same password.

In home i create 4 tables populated with 20 rows on each.

using imp/exp i import the same dmp at office and add another 10 rows for each table

now i take dump and take it to home.

in house if i use imp add rows are not updating in my house tables. I need to drop all the tables and then importing gets accommadating all the 30 rows.

This is one problem.

Another problem if add another table add some rows to existing table imports make me to add another table with full rows where as add rows in existing tables are getting imported.

Everytime I have to drop all the tables and importing. What sort of the mistake i am doing? The same question i have raised in some other fourm and did not get reply. Hence I am refining my request with examples to this forum.

can any one help me

yours
dr.s.raghuathan
Re: import problem [message #357912 is a reply to message #357904] Fri, 07 November 2008 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Import utility does NOT update records; it INSERTS them.

You don't have to drop tables; use IGNORE=Y option when importing data - it will skip CREATE TABLE errors and insert records. If there are primary / unique key constraints, import will skip such a records (and log when/if they fail).
Re: import problem [message #357916 is a reply to message #357912] Fri, 07 November 2008 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dr.s.raghunathan
@littlefoot,

thank you very much. i have to check at home and i am adding few more rows to existing table and taken new dmp for export. is it possible to import one or two tables and one or two procedures alone. if so how.

since when i modify some of the procedure through object browser is not reflecting after import. hence i use to create another procedure by suffixing numerals for existing one and doing export and import work.

once again thank you very much for the guidance
yours
dr.s.raghunathan
Re: import problem [message #357920 is a reply to message #357916] Fri, 07 November 2008 04:18 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
is it possible to import one or two tables
Yes, using the TABLES option.

Quote:
is it possible to import one or two procedures
No, as far as I can tell (at least, not in 10g or lower versions). If you have a couple of procedures, perhaps you'd easier simply recreate them in target database (just as you'd move DMP file on a USB stick, you'd move SQL files). Or, you could import with ROWS=N and use LOG option, open log file and extract CREATE PROCEDURE statements and run them separately through SQL*Plus (or TOAD or SQL Developer or ...).

10g's Original Export and Import documentation is available at OTN (as usually).
Previous Topic: import data of one table from dump and import single table based on condition (2 threads merged by b
Next Topic: Importing dump
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 21:24:34 CDT 2024