Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Incremental update. (Oracle 10g)
Incremental update. [message #358916] Thu, 13 November 2008 00:00 Go to next message
gokul_ifs
Hi,

I am looking for a solution to migrate data from my Staging to Production database.

The Client provides the data to be loaded in the table in a Excel sheet.

We use the excel sheet to load the data in staging environment and then we take a dump of the table from the Staging and import in Production.

Now the status is once we have loaded the table in staging and migrated that to production as mention above.

Again we need to add more data to the same table in staging, which we till be loading from the new excel provided. But when moving to production we need to export and import only the latest added data.

Any suggestions to migrate only the last added data will be of great help.

Note: We are not allowed to load data from the excel sheet in Production database. Also the data in the table might be updated after loading in staging.

Thanks,
GOKUL

[Updated on: Thu, 13 November 2008 04:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Incremental update. [message #360429 is a reply to message #358916] Thu, 20 November 2008 23:24 Go to previous message
rajavu1

I dont think there is a provision for that.

But there could be one temporary solution like,

1. Once the data is moved from staging to production , Move the data into Backup table.

2. Load the new data into staging table from Excel. so that it will be easy to load only the new data into production.

3. Again Once it is moved to Prodution , move the data into same backup table so that entire data will be accumulated over there.

This is with assumption Once the data is moved to production , there is no functionality related to staging table.

Otherwise you have to look at the Flashback technology in Oracle 10g.

Smile
Rajuvan.
Previous Topic: Uploading excel file with 200MB+ size using SQL Loader
Next Topic: DAta migration from Oracle 9i to 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 03:49:50 CDT 2024