Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Bulk insert
Bulk insert [message #361479] Wed, 26 November 2008 10:19 Go to next message
shoaib123
HI

I was running the bulk insert process to insert around 80 millions records in a table. It was running for the the last 2 night. Surprisingly, the job stops after loading aroung 79 million of records. I have almost check everything to track that problem... But unable to figureout anything yet. The Dba has checked alert logs and other stuffs, but no clue sofar. I was running that job from unix using sqlplus. i have checked most of the v$ table to get the clue. but not able to find any reason..

Is somebody can give me any hint to track of the problem to see. Why that bulk insert job stops after loading 79 million records.
Re: Bulk insert [message #361483 is a reply to message #361479] Wed, 26 November 2008 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
If you have no clue, we have not more in what you posted.

Regards
Michel
Re: Bulk insert [message #361484 is a reply to message #361483] Wed, 26 November 2008 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shoaib123
Can you list the check, which you prefer to do if any of your DML opertaion failed. What would you do to track the problem..
I am particular talking about the sys table.. which sys tables you would check to find the error.
Re: Bulk insert [message #361490 is a reply to message #361484] Wed, 26 November 2008 11:25 Go to previous message
Barbara Boehmer
I would start by doing a test on a small set of data and see if that finishes without error or not to determine if the problem is due to a problem with the code or a problem with the amount of data. If the problem is with the amount of data, then try increasing things related to that and/or processing a smaller amount at a time.
Previous Topic: exporting partition tables
Next Topic: INCORRECT SPANISH ACCENT WORDS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 06:41:12 CDT 2024