Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » How to Remove and Reinstall OEM 1.6?
How to Remove and Reinstall OEM 1.6? [message #368146] Tue, 12 September 2000 09:08 Go to next message
Satheesh
hi all,
I have not been able to submit any job through Enterprise manager cos as soon as the job is submitted,OEM crashes with the message "application error in VOC.EXE "(I am running Oracle 8 on an NT 4 platform). The same thing happens when I save the job and later try to submit it from job library. Becuase of these problems I decided to uninstall OEM 1.6 but got the error message
"sharing violation for VOC.MSB" .Reinstallation was also not possible because of the a "write_error" on VOC.MSB file. Now I am stuck with OEM not starting up and crashing after giving the message "Oracle Deamon Process" could not be detected.Hope someone would be able to give me a logical explanation for the crash as well as a way to reinstall OEM

thanks in advance

satheesh
Re: How to Remove and Reinstall OEM 1.6? [message #368170 is a reply to message #368146] Wed, 20 September 2000 14:40 Go to previous message
Greg
A few things to consider here.

1. Stop all Oracle services on your client machine, if any are running.

2. Try the installer again, but from a CD, say for your Oracle DB, and not the installer that is currently on your system. Deinstall all programs.

3. Regardless of the outcome of step 2, go to Oracle home, via Explorer and delete the entire directory, all files. (I'm working on the assumption you want a clean Oracle client install, and can delete this directory)

4. Go to the control panel, click the System icon, then the Environment tab, highlight the line that says Path, and then at the bottom, remove the oracle path, usually something like D:\orant\bin;

5. Go to the start menu, run and then type regedit. From the Registry Editor, click on the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE hive, then software, then Oracle and delete the whole thing.

Reboot NT and think good thoughts.

This should be enough to get it off of your system. If you want to use OEM there are setup steps in the doc that are easy to follow, but if you don't do them, it will never work.

Typical Oracle.
Good luck.
-g
Previous Topic: Loading a CSV with records containing newline.
Next Topic: SQL Plus: Input is too long
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 07:05:58 CDT 2024