Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Import Data Problem, Err Code:imp-000016
Import Data Problem, Err Code:imp-000016 [message #368171] Thu, 21 September 2000 00:50 Go to next message
Michael
I got a file created by oracle export, "ora_demo42.exp", I don't know who and when and where it is created, and now I need to import it to my database. When I use imp80 to import it, following message appears:
IMP-00016: 不支持要求的字符集转换(从类型1到852)
IMP-00000: 未成功终止导入

Above message may not be displayed on your computer since it is returned by a Simplified_Chinese Version, but I refered to the oracle documentations, and it says:
IMP-00016: required character set conversion (type num to num) not supported
Cause: Import could not convert the character format of the export file into the native character format.

Action: Change the user character set by setting the NLS_LANG environment variable to match the character set of the export file.

But Sir, how can I set the NLS_LANG environment variable? Is there any tools or other things? By the way, I use Winnt40 simplified chinese version.
Re: Import Data Problem, Err Code:imp-000016 [message #368174 is a reply to message #368171] Thu, 21 September 2000 19:23 Go to previous message
Linda
I'm glad to know you are a chinease too.
I can help you in 3 points:
1. you can alter your nls_lang variable in nt registry by command: regedit or regedit32
2. you can also get your nls parameter by sqlplus:
select * from v$nls_parameters;
3. if you can get the original export dump log, you can get to know the character set and varchar set of the dump file. and only when your database and nls_lang have the same charset and ncharset as the dumped file, you can import it.
4. if the imp version is different,you can get the same error. for instance, the dump file is
produced by exp.exe (in version oracle816), and you want to restore it by imp80 (in version oracle80) you would have the same error message.

good luck!
Previous Topic: SQL Plus: Input is too long
Next Topic: Datafile path hardcoded in Dump file.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:53:38 CDT 2024