Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » removing a listener (10.2.0.3, Win2k3)
removing a listener [message #376236] Tue, 16 December 2008 09:52 Go to next message
abdulaziz
Hello,

I have few questions about listeners:

1- Is there a way to remove a listener from the service list of Windows, of course after deleting it from netmgr?

2- Is there a command that lists all the listener configured on a database? (Not the current_listener)

3- In a case where more than one listerners are configured, is it possible to start them up all at the same time time?

I am asking those questions because this morning a 'listener does not exist' error while trying to connect to a database. As I was quite under pressure, I decided to create another listener,making it listen to port 1522 to proceed with my work. It worked just fine. But when I entered the
lsnrctl start
command,I realized that the listener name was LISTENER, (that is, the default listener...I should have named a new one) and it listened to port 1521 AND 1522.
That database is networked and I could connect to it remotely up till this morning. I trying to connect to that database remotely but I got the ORA 12170 and a tnsping on that database throws the TNS 12535error and I suspect that both the port are opened and maybe the client doesn't know what port to listen to -yeah I know it sounds stupid-

Can someone help me fix this please?

Thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 December 2008 10:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: removing a listener [message #376243 is a reply to message #376236] Tue, 16 December 2008 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
1- Delete it from registry
2- List them from registry (Google for regfind)
3- No, you have to create a batch that start them one after the other but why have you several listeners?

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Tue, 16 December 2008 10:15]

Re: removing a listener [message #376245 is a reply to message #376243] Tue, 16 December 2008 10:37 Go to previous message
abdulaziz
Thanks for the quick reply Michel. Actually I don't need to use several listeners but I created one more this morning because I had a work to hand over and I couldn't connect remotely, nor localy using the default listener.

In fact, my collegues from the Network service did some maintenance work that turned the firewall on. That's why I couldn't connect to the database. I just discovered that and fixed the problem. Thanks for the tips regarding the questions I asked before.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 December 2008 10:38]

Previous Topic: choosing between networks (merged)
Next Topic: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 09:49:48 CDT 2024