Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name
ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name [message #39457] Thu, 18 July 2002 00:45 Go to next message
claudine
I have a package that returns a recordset, and from an ASP page I have the following connection string:
strConnection = "Provider=MSDAORA.1;Password="& strEpsdevPassword &";User ID=" & strEpsdevUser & ";Data Source="& strEpsdevDSN &";Persist Security Info=True"
When I used this to open the connection on a server with oracle Release 8.1.5, it worked fine. But when I did the same on Oracle Release 8.0.4, it gave the following error: Script Error
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle [[Line:596, Character:6]] ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name : ''
For connections to packages that don't return recordsets I used the follwing conn string, which I found doesn't work with recordset returns:
strConnection = "Driver={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle};Server=" & strEpsdevDSN &";Uid=" & strEpsdevUser & ";Pwd=" & strEpsdevPassword & ";"
Can anyone help?
Re: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name [message #39633 is a reply to message #39457] Tue, 30 July 2002 01:43 Go to previous message
Sudipta Choudhury
Dear
Claudine
You have configure the tns service when you change the
server or version of Oracle and this service name add
in the tnsname.ora file. The service name can be anything but with ".world" within this service name you
write the sid,protocol etc.... try this, if you want more details about this pleze mail me

Sudipta
Previous Topic: create database
Next Topic: Re: ORA-12154:TNS:Could not resolve service name.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:02:50 CDT 2024