Home » Infrastructure » Linux » Database Configuration Assistant Warning (Oracle 10g R2, Centos 4.5)
Database Configuration Assistant Warning [message #392372] Tue, 17 March 2009 12:32 Go to next message
oraclesqlinux
I have been trying to reload the Oracle 10g program on my computer but I keep getting the same error right before the program completes it's process. The error is identified in a "Database Configuration Assistant: Warning" pop up box. The error message reads as shown below:

[ Database Configuration Assistant: Warning

Enterprise manager configuration failed due to the following error
Error starting Database Control
Refer to the log file at /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/cfgtoollogs/dbca/orcl/emConfig.log for more details.
You can retry configuring this database with Enterprise Manager later by manually running
u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin/emca script ]

The Oracle 10g program I'm loading has been taking from the Oracle.com website which can be found at:

Oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/oracle10g/htdocs/10201linuxsoft.html

When I first loaded it on my computer I didn't have a problem. The enterprise manager was working fine, then last week for some reason I could no longer bring up enterprise manager. After several attempts to reload without success I decided to start from scratch and reload Centos and then reload the Oracle 10g program, but ever since then I keep getting the same message as shown above. When I went to the emca script referenced in the error message it had almost 800 lines in the script, there's no way I can go through all that, plus I don't even know what I'm looking for. So you can see my dilemma. I have gone on the web to see what I could find, but all I see are people asking the same question that I'm asking and getting either no answers or answers that pertain to another Linux or Oracle product that I'm not using. The other problem is a lot of them are talking over my head. So if you could help me at least to know what I should be checking that would a least be a start.

Here is some additional Information if you need more let me know:

Oracle Program: Oracle 10g R2
Computer: Dell Dimension 8400
Processor: Pentium 4
Memory: 80 gigabytes
Operating system: Centos 4.5 [Linux]

Sincerely,

Eugene
Re: Database Configuration Assistant Warning [message #392373 is a reply to message #392372] Tue, 17 March 2009 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThomasG
Well, the first thing to check is the emca log referenced in the error message.

There is no way around it.
Re: Database Configuration Assistant Warning [message #392385 is a reply to message #392373] Tue, 17 March 2009 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oraclesqlinux
In your experience with Oracle 10g R2 is there anything in particular that I should be looking for,..like a certain phrase or a certain parameter inside the log. I don't mind spending the time looking it's just that I don't have a clue what I'm looking for. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Eugene
Re: Database Configuration Assistant Warning [message #392395 is a reply to message #392372] Tue, 17 March 2009 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
In most cases the error is located near the end of the file.
Re: Database Configuration Assistant Warning [message #392399 is a reply to message #392372] Tue, 17 March 2009 15:52 Go to previous message
oraclesqlinux
Thank you for that information I will go to the end of the file and review the information going upwards.

Sincerely,

Eugene
Previous Topic: Installation of Oracle 10g ASM in Linux server
Next Topic: i need p6810189_10204_Linux-x86.zip
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:42:12 CDT 2024