Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Import & Export utility (Oracle 10g)
Import & Export utility [message #395983] Fri, 03 April 2009 07:25 Go to next message
samwalden
What do we mean by E-data ,P-data, M-data..these are used while import and export of the database schema...i want to know the difference between them.
Re: Import & Export utility [message #395985 is a reply to message #395983] Fri, 03 April 2009 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
these are used while import and export of the database schema

Post when these are used.

Regards
Michel
Re: Import & Export utility [message #395989 is a reply to message #395985] Fri, 03 April 2009 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
samwalden
I know that..but can you please tell me the difference between those data..what is E,P,M data
Re: Import & Export utility [message #395990 is a reply to message #395989] Fri, 03 April 2009 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
I don't know what you mean, so post when they are used.

Regards
Michel
Re: Import & Export utility [message #395994 is a reply to message #395990] Fri, 03 April 2009 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
samwalden
for example while importing dump we use it in three ways..E-data contains the entire structure of the database..P-data consists constraints and data.M-data contains only the data..so i need to know why these three different types required so..

Regards,
Sam
Re: Import & Export utility [message #395998 is a reply to message #395994] Fri, 03 April 2009 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
This still doesn't explain anything.

WHERE did you hear the term E, M and P data? Now before you answer, compose a good one before you post the same ambiguous gibberish.

Based on the trainwreck of a question, an answer to your question could very well be extracted from your question:

You use the P-data when you want to load only the constraints.
You use the E-data when you want to load the entire database.
You use the M-data when you want to load only the data.

Once again, THINK before you come back and make another response that will just scramble the same words you have already posted.
Re: Import & Export utility [message #396005 is a reply to message #395994] Fri, 03 April 2009 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Looks like a classic example of those tetchy self-created jargon / acronyms used to document something internally within the organization and just throw it upon the "new" employees to follow the standards.
Recently I came across one which defines (with respect to oracle database)something like following.

update= insert into database
delete= drop the table

If any business requirement asks for update of table, it is supposed to mean "inserting records".
Drove me crazy.

Re: Import & Export utility [message #396009 is a reply to message #396005] Fri, 03 April 2009 09:28 Go to previous message
babuknb

Quote:
y E-data ,P-data, M-data..these are used while import and export of the database schema.

Great.

Thanks for sharing new details. Could please post the link/your example where/how did you tried.

Babu
Previous Topic: Problem while TKprof
Next Topic: SQL *Loader - Loading data into multiple tables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:39:34 CDT 2024