Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » Display dates in different languages formats
icon5.gif  Display dates in different languages formats [message #419923] Wed, 26 August 2009 03:40 Go to next message
suman.g
Hi All,

How can we display dates in different languages formats in XML Publisher/Bursting reports:

for eg:
US: 10-MAY-09
D: 10-Mai-09

Dec - Dez
Oct Okt
Etc...

Thanks in advance..

Regards,
Suman
Re: Display dates in different languages formats [message #420018 is a reply to message #419923] Wed, 26 August 2009 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suman.g
Hi All,

I am able to handle conversion in .rdf using below code but creating some performance issues.

'TO_CHAR(prh.creation_date,'DD-MON-RR','NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE=GERMAN')

I want to implement formatting/conversion in RTF template.
Is there any way to do this??

Regards,
Suman

[Updated on: Wed, 26 August 2009 22:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Display dates in different languages formats [message #420131 is a reply to message #420018] Thu, 27 August 2009 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suman.g
Hi,

Now I am able to format dates by using below code in RTF.. form field help text.

<?xdofx:substr(RD,1,3)||decode(substr(RD,4,3),'MAR','Mär','MAY','Mai','OCT','Okt','DEC','Dez',(substr(RD,4,3)))||
substr(RD,7,3)?>

where 'RD' is date field in RTF template.

Cheers,
Suman

[Updated on: Thu, 27 August 2009 04:03]

Re: Display dates in different languages formats [message #420215 is a reply to message #420131] Thu, 27 August 2009 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Quote:
I am able to handle conversion in .rdf using below code but creating some performance issues.

'TO_CHAR(prh.creation_date,'DD-MON-RR','NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE=GERMAN')

I do not know Publisher, but if you mean you select a date and use a to_char around it and say the latter causes performance issues - I just do not believe that.
It is very, very unlikely that just using to_char causes that, there must be something else involved.

A where clause on that field perhaps?
Re: Display dates in different languages formats [message #420675 is a reply to message #420215] Tue, 01 September 2009 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suman.g
Hi Skooman,

Thanks for your reply.. you are correct that will not cuase much performance issue but still for very huge data it may cause.

Now, my requirement has changed, i dont want months names in different languages but I want different date format for different langugaes.
For eg. 'DD-MON-YY' for German, 'YYYY/MM/DD' for US etc..

In some documents I found that the source date should be in cnonical format, I am selecting my date in query as
to_char(prh.creation_date,'YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm:ss hh:mm') as "REQ_DATE"

I am using below formatting in RTF template:
<?format-date:REQ_DATE;'DD-MON-YY'?>

in RTF template > Add help text, but formatting is not working.
It's coming as in XML data.

Am I giving the correct format for canonical date format??
Or I am missing anything here?

Regards,
Suman

icon9.gif  Re: Display dates in different languages formats [message #420734 is a reply to message #419923] Tue, 01 September 2009 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hathai
Hi!

I'd like to introduce myself. My name's "Hathai" from Thailand.
I am new to BIEE now I have implemented: OBI EE 10.1.3.4, In my report, I need to filter data by date time (Datefrom -Dateto).
In normal case, I can use control prompt with calendar and use between function to filter.
Especially, it's not allowed to use in format Gregorian "10-01-2009" but need to use in "Thai Buddha" format (in Thai language ex. '01 กันยายน 2552')

Have you any suggestion how I can deal with this problem?

Thank a lot
Hathai
icon9.gif  Re: Display dates in different languages formats [message #420735 is a reply to message #419923] Tue, 01 September 2009 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hathai
please

[Updated on: Tue, 01 September 2009 22:34]

Re: Display dates in different languages formats [message #421428 is a reply to message #420735] Tue, 08 September 2009 04:59 Go to previous message
skooman
Hi,
Firstly, please create new topic if you have a different question (previous question you replied to was about BI Publisher, not OBIEE).

As far as I know, all interface elements (including calendar) should come in the language the user selects (while logging in). I do not know if OBIEE comes in Thai Buddha, but if it does it should automatically work - if it doesn't then I don't know of any way to only make the calendar selection work in a different language then the rest of the front-end.

Regards,
Sabine
Previous Topic: differences between Hyperion Financial Management and Business Intelligence reporting
Next Topic: Expanding pie chart at run time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:06:16 CDT 2024