Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Drop cascade impact to index and user permissions roles (Oracle 9i/Oracle 10g)
icon5.gif  Drop cascade impact to index and user permissions roles [message #425293] Thu, 08 October 2009 07:22 Go to next message
RootBeerLover
I am very new to Oracle so please understand that everything I have done for my Oracle database is my first time. I was given the task to manage a database while the DBA was out. I am not a DBA I'm a database analyst. My task was to refresh a schema I researched it and it was suggested to do a drop user cascade so I did a drop user cascade for a clean slate before doing an import schema. What I have noticed now when I compare the from and to schema is that the indexes on the designated schema do not match up to the number of indexes on the schema where the export file came from, a significant drop. I have also noticed that the security roles are missing a large number of objects that were assigned to them. Would the drop user cascade cause these things to occur? Thank you.

Re: Drop cascade impact to index and user permissions roles [message #425305 is a reply to message #425293] Thu, 08 October 2009 09:39 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
drop user will just drop the user / do a clean up in target area.
Anything associated with the user is gone.
>> do not match up to the number of indexes on the schema where the export file came from
Depends on how you did the export and import.
May be you excluded indexes/constraints that will create indexes.
You can always recreate the roles/privs from source.
Previous Topic: expdp
Next Topic: impdp issue - ORA-02264
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:15:09 CDT 2024