Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Problems after recreate emca (Oracle 10g 10.2.0.1)
Problems after recreate emca [message #427133] Wed, 21 October 2009 05:17 Go to next message
wadie
Hi all,
I have a database in our (fresh) JDEdwards ERP install. The networking team moved our database inside a domain yesterday and ever since, we were experiencing problems. This morning, the ERP people couldn't enter the system anymore so I decided to try and fix it.

I had to drop and create the repository again. I had a lot of problems with it, to get it to finish( it always seemed to get stuck) but finally 1 hour ago it finished... except for the service creation. My old non-domain service still existed and that's why the create command was not able to make a new service. The service is able to start again (it couldn't start with the drop/create) but the emctl.pid is still in the non-domain folder of the database. So I think it is still using my 'old' configuration for the service.
I couldn't care less, as long as I am able to use the EM tool... but I cannot find a working URL for it Sad

ERP is working again, so now I am trying to fix EM without screwing the ERP system up again.

I know, this probably doesn't make sense, I'm no full time DBA, but since this is pretty important, I took a shot to fix it and this is where I am now.

If anyone would care to help, I'd be very grateful Smile
icon6.gif  Re: Problems after recreate emca [message #433351 is a reply to message #427133] Tue, 01 December 2009 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LKBrwn_DBA
Which OS: WinDoze or Unix?
Anyway, since you are only trying to fix EM console, try this from WinDoze command prompt or Unix shell:
emctl stop dbconsole
emca -deconfig dbcontrol db -repos drop
emca -config dbcontrol db -repos create
emctl start dbconsole

Shocked
PS: Also make sure the agent is not up:
emctl stop agent

Re: Problems after recreate emca [message #433393 is a reply to message #433351] Wed, 02 December 2009 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
LKBrwn_DBA wrote on Wed, 02 December 2009 02:08
Which OS: WinDoze or Unix?

Sriram Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 02 December 2009 01:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problems after recreate emca [message #433395 is a reply to message #433393] Wed, 02 December 2009 01:43 Go to previous message
wadie
Call me crazy but after trying the recreate again a few weeks later, it now worked on the first try!
So my problem is solved... But I don't know why Wink

So my EM is back, port changed from 1158 to 5500 but I can live with that!

Thanks for the feedback, all

PS: it was windoze
Previous Topic: Authentication adapter initialization failed
Next Topic: dictionary baseline sharing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:24:03 CDT 2024