Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » OCI Equivalent of EXEC SQL ROLLBACK RELEASE (Oracle 11gR2)
OCI Equivalent of EXEC SQL ROLLBACK RELEASE [message #428366] Wed, 28 October 2009 02:20 Go to next message
macexplorer
Hi,

This is my first post to orafaq. Hope I do this right, especially as I am no expert on Oracle concepts.

Also please do excuse the length.

In brief,
Is there an equivalent of the pro*c statement,
EXEC SQL ROLLBACK WORK RELEASE
in OCI?

Also what is the effect of this statement when the DB Server is suddenly offline? How does calling this help, like does this affect the oracle client/TNS etc.,?

I am having a problem with Oracle 11gR2 when the DB is present in a separate DB server machine and is undergoing shutdown and restart.

We have a set of existing applications developed using Pro*C and my application using Roguewave DB Api(which in turn uses OCI).

On losing connection from DB, existing apps(on error), invoke the
embedded sql statement.

My application does not do anything special(maybe just a rollback) and reconnection. However on reconnection(after db is back online) I seems to get some dummy connection.

Using this to do a serious query, results in error and application again goes back to reconnect. This continues repeatedly. DB teams comment is that since logoff(equi of rolback release) is not happening, this problem results.

While existing apps(Pro*C) seems to work fine.

Any thoughts and comments will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance..
mac
Re: OCI Equivalent of EXEC SQL ROLLBACK RELEASE [message #428377 is a reply to message #428366] Wed, 28 October 2009 02:54 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
In brief,
Is there an equivalent of the pro*c statement,
in OCI?

In brief,
Call Interface Programmer's Guide
Chapter 2 OCI Programming Basics
Section Commit or Rollback

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Proc Compilation Error
Next Topic: to retrieve the metadata of prepared statement using OCI calls.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:33:04 CDT 2024