Home » Infrastructure » Unix » unix server
unix server [message #432094] Sat, 21 November 2009 01:53 Go to next message
oradba123

Hi,

currently our databasese are on AIX, but we plan to purchase new sever of unix except IBM.so colud you please tell me which unix flavor is more compatible and easy to manage with oracle, sun solaris or HP unix and we also need list of SAN configuration. thanks a lot in advacne.
Re: unix server [message #432097 is a reply to message #432094] Sat, 21 November 2009 02:11 Go to previous message
ThomasG
Well. Originally, I would have re-directed you to the Oracle certification matrix on their website, but that has been moved into My Oracle Support.

After about 5 Minutes, I was actually able to log into My Oracle Support, and search for the certification matrix, only to get an "The requested URL /metalink/plsql/cert_matrices1.addtl_matrix was not found on this server.", with a broken, not working "back" button, on the first search result, so I would have to go through the login problems all over again to figure out if there is another working one.

Sorry.

The basic "compatibility and ease of management should be the same, though, but there might be platform-specific bugs in some constellations. Which was easy to look up in the certification matrix once, before they broke it.

[Updated on: Sat, 21 November 2009 02:12]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Patch Oracle 10.2.0.2 to 10.2.0.4, consume high memory
Next Topic: Shell script issue while finding files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:52:14 CDT 2024