Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Response Action to Metric being tripped (Oracle 10.2.0.4.0)
Response Action to Metric being tripped [message #437701] Tue, 05 January 2010 12:06 Go to next message
estolts
What are all the necessary steps in running a Windows OS .bat when a metric threshold has been tripped? Currently have a fully qualified path (C:\scripts\Runthis.bat) entered in the Response Action column but no action is taken when threshold is reached.
Re: Response Action to Metric being tripped [message #437961 is a reply to message #437701] Wed, 06 January 2010 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
babuknb

>>(C:\scripts\Runthis.bat) entered in the Response Action column but no action is taken when threshold is reached.

We don't know your threshold value.

We don't know your Runthis.bat script

- Babu
Re: Response Action to Metric being tripped [message #437981 is a reply to message #437701] Wed, 06 January 2010 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
estolts
The metric is 'Archive Area Used (%)' and the warning & critical thresholds are set to 80 & 90%. The runthis.bat executes:
rman target sys/****@devccmdm @C:\scripts\showall.txt log=C:\scripts\showall_logfile.log

The showall.txt contains: showall;

The .bat runs fine when executed from command line. I trip the archive area threshold by adjusting the db_recovery_file_dest_size but I can not get the .bat to fire off. I'm new on Oracle and any responses would be helpful.
Re: Response Action to Metric being tripped [message #437993 is a reply to message #437981] Wed, 06 January 2010 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>The .bat runs fine when executed from command line
My first guess would be that the environment the bat file run in is missing 1 or more environmental variables like ORACLE_HOME or ORACLE_SID or PATH could be lacking
icon6.gif  Re: Response Action to Metric being tripped [message #438015 is a reply to message #437981] Wed, 06 January 2010 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LKBrwn_DBA
Currently I don't have an EM available, so I will try to explain from memory, so bear with me...

When in EM you display the metrics & thresholds, at the end of the selected row, there is an "edit" icon. Click on that button and it will open an editing page. At the bottom of this edit page (or after clicking on an "advanced (or something)" button you will find an area where it states the NUMBER of times the event must occur BEFORE it triggers an alert -- Here is where you set it.

Good luck!
Surprised
Re: Response Action to Metric being tripped [message #438283 is a reply to message #438015] Thu, 07 January 2010 16:30 Go to previous message
estolts
Attempted to follow directions but could not find the mentioned area where to adjust times the event must occur before it would trigger the alert. Could you please elaborate?
Previous Topic: Error in Oracle9i Database Installation
Next Topic: Dbconsole error 1053 after windows security patch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:40:36 CDT 2024