Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Exp/Imp of 1 TB database
Exp/Imp of 1 TB database [message #439841] Tue, 19 January 2010 11:32 Go to next message
samg4ug
Hi,

Please let me know is there any process to export/import a database almost 1 tb of size with in 24 hours. Presently existing resource takes almost 3-4 days to complete the activity.

Is there any concept of parallel processing. If please let me know and please share the document link(s).

The database contains BLOB data also.

Regards,
Sam G
Re: Exp/Imp of 1 TB database [message #439843 is a reply to message #439841] Tue, 19 January 2010 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThomasG
If the bottleneck is disk I/O then parallel processing won't help.

A few tips to speed things up are in the Import/Export FAQ.

How long does the export take now? How long does the import take now?

I once had 2 machines to migrate between, export took two hours, import took 3 hours (on faster hardware), so I kept the entire process inside the 3 hour limit by exporting to a pipe and importing from the same pipe simultaneously. (Piping through netcat between the machines)

So instead of needing time for export / transfer / import one after the other it took only as long as the import took.

Re: Exp/Imp of 1 TB database [message #439849 is a reply to message #439843] Tue, 19 January 2010 12:43 Go to previous message
John Watson
For the duration of the import, if you set your workarea_size_policy parameter to manual and your sort_area_size to something huge (try a gigabyte to start with) the index creation phase of the import will go many times faster. And related to that, alter all the tablespaces to nologging: that will help the index creation too.
Previous Topic: Indexes and tables import to different tablespaces.
Next Topic: how to load data from an tsv into an oracle table w/o using SQLLDR?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:46:26 CDT 2024