Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Where to find scheduled jobs (dbms_scheduler) (Oracle 10g)
Where to find scheduled jobs (dbms_scheduler) [message #440495] Mon, 25 January 2010 03:51 Go to next message
didiera
Hello,

first my apologies if I posted in the wrong area of the forum. I wanted to know if there were a dictionnary view or dynamic performance view that stored jobs regsitered via the dbms_scheduler package of Oracle 10g? I can see the ones registered with the deprecated dbms_jobs but not the others. Which view is it please?

regards,
Didier
Re: Where to find scheduled jobs (dbms_scheduler) [message #440504 is a reply to message #440495] Mon, 25 January 2010 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
SQL> select table_name from dict where table_name like '%SCHEDULER%';
TABLE_NAME
------------------------------
USER_SCHEDULER_PROGRAMS
ALL_SCHEDULER_PROGRAMS
USER_SCHEDULER_JOBS
ALL_SCHEDULER_JOBS
ALL_SCHEDULER_JOB_CLASSES
ALL_SCHEDULER_WINDOWS
USER_SCHEDULER_PROGRAM_ARGS
ALL_SCHEDULER_PROGRAM_ARGS
USER_SCHEDULER_JOB_ARGS
ALL_SCHEDULER_JOB_ARGS
USER_SCHEDULER_JOB_LOG
USER_SCHEDULER_JOB_RUN_DETAILS
ALL_SCHEDULER_JOB_LOG
ALL_SCHEDULER_JOB_RUN_DETAILS
ALL_SCHEDULER_WINDOW_LOG
ALL_SCHEDULER_WINDOW_DETAILS
ALL_SCHEDULER_WINDOW_GROUPS
ALL_SCHEDULER_WINGROUP_MEMBERS
USER_SCHEDULER_SCHEDULES
ALL_SCHEDULER_SCHEDULES
ALL_SCHEDULER_GLOBAL_ATTRIBUTE
USER_SCHEDULER_CHAINS
ALL_SCHEDULER_CHAINS
USER_SCHEDULER_CHAIN_RULES
ALL_SCHEDULER_CHAIN_RULES
USER_SCHEDULER_CHAIN_STEPS
ALL_SCHEDULER_CHAIN_STEPS
USER_SCHEDULER_RUNNING_CHAINS
ALL_SCHEDULER_RUNNING_CHAINS
V$SCHEDULER_RUNNING_JOBS
GV$SCHEDULER_RUNNING_JOBS

31 rows selected.

Regards
Michel
Re: Where to find scheduled jobs (dbms_scheduler) [message #440514 is a reply to message #440495] Mon, 25 January 2010 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
didiera wrote on Mon, 25 January 2010 15:21
I can see the ones registered with the deprecated dbms_jobs but not the others. Which view is it please?

Please from Which Version ?

sriram Smile
Re: Where to find scheduled jobs (dbms_scheduler) [message #440515 is a reply to message #440504] Mon, 25 January 2010 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
didiera
Well I read somewhere that it's been replaced by the dbms_scheduler in 10g.

Re: Where to find scheduled jobs (dbms_scheduler) [message #440516 is a reply to message #440495] Mon, 25 January 2010 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
didiera
Thanks a lot Michel
Re: Where to find scheduled jobs (dbms_scheduler) [message #440517 is a reply to message #440515] Mon, 25 January 2010 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
Yes in 10g its replaced By dbms_scheduler .
Although DBMS_JOB still exists in 10g and 11g.

Wink
Sriram Smile
Re: Where to find scheduled jobs (dbms_scheduler) [message #440526 is a reply to message #440517] Mon, 25 January 2010 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
No, it is not REPLACED, it is COMPLEMENTED by DBMS_SCHEDULER.
See
DBMS_JOB
DBMS_SCHEDULER

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Mon, 25 January 2010 06:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Where to find scheduled jobs (dbms_scheduler) [message #440528 is a reply to message #440526] Mon, 25 January 2010 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
Thanks for the info Michel i read some documents on this earlier...One of the topics/questions from Asktom (who is still using dbms_job which is more easier) Smile.

But at the same time from the other websites including forums.oracle saying its deprecated And we should n`t use that.(Ofcourse still we are using it Wink)
for ex :
See this dbms_scheduler.jsp

Quote:
In Oracle 10g the DBMS_JOB package is replaced by the DBMS_SCHEDULER package. The DBMS_JOB package is now depricated and in Oracle 10g it's only provided for backward compatibility. From Oracle 10g the DBMS_JOB package should not be used any more, because is could not exist in a future version of Oracle.

With DBMS_SCHEDULER Oracle procedures and functions can be executed. Also binary and shell-scripts can be scheduled.

And Quote:
Oracle 10g includes a comprehensive scheduler (DBMS_SCHEDULER) to replace and extend the functionality provided by the DBMS_JOB package.

Thank you
sriram Smile
Re: Where to find scheduled jobs (dbms_scheduler) [message #440539 is a reply to message #440528] Mon, 25 January 2010 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Do not trust what sites say (unless it is Oracle one, although...), think and test by yourself.
As Tom I most often use DBMS_JOB for the reasons I wrote in the Wiki pages and also because I currently don't need windowing features. I think this latter point with the possibility to stop the execution of job is the great add-on of DBMS_SCHEDULER.
Remember DBMS_JOB is transactional (that is part of your transaction), DBMS_SCHEDULER is not (it is autonomous), depending on your needs one or the other is better.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Mon, 25 January 2010 08:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Where to find scheduled jobs (dbms_scheduler) [message #440540 is a reply to message #440539] Mon, 25 January 2010 08:06 Go to previous message
ramoradba
/forum/fa/2115/0/

sriram Smile
Previous Topic: Extract the DDL SQL scripts of the objects in BULK
Next Topic: Sql Loader Starting Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:23:24 CDT 2024