Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Pipe Delimited File Issues (SQLLOADER)
Pipe Delimited File Issues [message #441520] Mon, 01 February 2010 15:18 Go to next message
mahendraabc
Hi,
I'm getting pipe delimited files from various sources.Some files are in local languages and some are in english.
While loading these files with SQLLOADER,I'm getting

Record 6065: Rejected - Error on table "SCHEMA"."STAGING_TABLE", column column34.
Column not found before end of logical record (use TRAILING NULLCOLS) when I checked the flat file and compared accepted and rejected records for pipes I don't see any discrepancy

and also

for some of the records which were already inserted by sqlloader into staging table,the last column has one character length but when I check the data base it appears to be null what's the fix for this ?are there any special charactesr inserted which database can't display?

My SQLLOADER cntrol file is like this :

-- Load data into stage Party table.
OPTIONS (SKIP =1) ---- for header record
LOAD DATA
CHARACTERSET UTF8
APPEND
PRESERVE BLANKS
INTO TABLE FCPA_STG_PARTY
FIELDS TERMINATED BY '|'
(ID SEQUENCE(MAX,1),
COLUMN1 "TRIM(:COLUMN1)",

If I use "TRAILING NULLCOLS",I don't have any rejections,but data is inserted in to other columns(next columns)

For each and every record in the file I've ^M
Do I need to keep this or delete it?

Thanks,
Mahender.

Re: Pipe Delimited File Issues [message #441553 is a reply to message #441520] Mon, 01 February 2010 20:52 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
>For each and every record in the file I've ^M
Above happens on *nix system that gets data files from Windoze PC.

They can be removed using "dos2unix" utility of transfer files via FTP in ASCII (text) mode.

Post Operating System (OS) name & version for DB server system.
Post results of
SELECT * from v$version
Previous Topic: can we do import like
Next Topic: Data Pump Help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 04:00:59 CDT 2024