Home » Other » General » Archiving mode issue (Oracle 10G , windows 2003)
Archiving mode issue [message #454370] Wed, 05 May 2010 05:19 Go to next message
mamingui
Hi All,

I have a problem with the archiving mode.
Indeed, I noticed that when the archiving mode is activated, I have a problem with a table.
This table should normally be empty when there are no transactions. This table contains messages waiting for our subscribers. The faster the message is sent, was better. When archive mode is enabled, this table will not drain. And our subscribers do not receive the messages. However, I can connect to the database, run queries which issue their results as usual.
Now I am forced to work without the archiving mode. Once I activate the archive the same problem will still arise.
I wonder what could be causing this problem

Thank you in advance for your answers.
Re: Archiving mode issue [message #454395 is a reply to message #454370] Wed, 05 May 2010 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rleishman
I'm not a DBA, but if achiving (I assume you mean archive logging) is slowing down your database below a critical threshold, then maybe your REDO logs are too small. Can you tell how many REDO log changes there are per day?

Ross Leishman
Re: Archiving mode issue [message #454413 is a reply to message #454370] Wed, 05 May 2010 07:18 Go to previous message
mamingui
thirty or so.
I also noticed that during off peak and I roughly a dozen transactions per minute, if the database is set to archiving and indeed the same phenomenon persits.
I run easily command "alter system switch logfile"

Thanks for yours helps.
Previous Topic: ODI Object Naming Limits
Next Topic: Data Inventory of all tables in a database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:39:32 CDT 2024