Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » listener could not find available handler for requested type of server
listener could not find available handler for requested type of server [message #461630] Sun, 20 June 2010 01:45 Go to next message
rodnower
Hello, I have ora-12520.
I run Oracle 11g on Red Hat 4 64 bit. Actually I have RAC but one node is down and I work only with up one (connection string point directly to listener of running node).
I run test with not too big loading.
select count(*) from v$sessions gets ~ 200 in maximum loading, but after half minutes I get this error in my logs.
Each time, lsnrctl services show that all is right. It shows one service with one handler. I see nothing in alert.log. This is very strange, I know, and I'm sure that this is an actual alert.log because, I see there other events in actual time.
Most important: I have SESSION parameter set to 600 and PROCESSES set to 400 so this must be enougha...

I not found good solution in Internet.
Some one knows what I can do for solve this?
Thank you very much for ahead.a
Re: listener could not find available handler for requested type of server [message #461634 is a reply to message #461630] Sun, 20 June 2010 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Just for information to readers (you should post it):
ORA-12520: TNS:listener could not find available handler for requested type of server
 *Cause: None of the known and available service handlers for requested type
 of server (dedicated or shared) are appropriate for the client connection.
 *Action: Run "lsnrctl services" to ensure that the instance(s) have
 registered with the listener and that the appropriate handlers are
 accepting connections.

Regards
Michel
Re: listener could not find available handler for requested type of server [message #461637 is a reply to message #461634] Sun, 20 June 2010 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rodnower
So this is output of lsnrctl services:

Connected to (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=)(PORT=1521))
Services summary..
Services "libd" has 1 instance(s)
Instance "libd1", status READY, has 1 handler(s) for this service...
Handler(s):
"DEDICATED" established: 1441 refused: 0 state: ready
LOCAL SERVER

And I found where the errors are. I found it in alert log of TNS.
Re: listener could not find available handler for requested type of server [message #461651 is a reply to message #461630] Sun, 20 June 2010 06:43 Go to previous message
rodnower
I just spoke with one DBA and he say me very important thing. He say that, that I see very much connections in log of TNS says, that I need to configure the client connection pool. I use .NET 3.5 64 bit on Windows 7. My application use Oracle.DataAccess.dll and NHibernate that I assume use some another dll. So my question is: where I configure this. Whether I need to configure it separately for each dll or I can put it in connection string?
Previous Topic: Message gateway
Next Topic: ORA-28546: (oracle to SQL server 2005)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:28:55 CDT 2024