Home » RDBMS Server » Security » OID create user error [LDAP: error code 50 - Insufficient Access Rights]. (OID 10g)
OID create user error [LDAP: error code 50 - Insufficient Access Rights]. [message #472771] Mon, 23 August 2010 16:57 Go to next message
nsp17
Hi,

I am using Oracle Internet Directory to store user information and OID delegation administratibe services for user entry. An an admin I created a privileges group called admins. Users belonging to this group can create user, delete users, edit users, and edit groups.
I created 'User A' and assigned him to the group. Now 'User A' creates 'User B' and assignes him to the group. However when 'User B' creates 'User C' he gets the error [LDAP: error code 50 - Insufficient Access Rights].

This happens even though 'User B' belongs to the admin group which has the privilege to create users.

Can someone please explain why this is happening and how I can rectify this.
Re: OID create user error [LDAP: error code 50 - Insufficient Access Rights]. [message #477536 is a reply to message #472771] Fri, 01 October 2010 09:20 Go to previous message
Kevin58
I'm not a DBA. I have heard where direct grants seem to work when there are issues with a "group".

You may wish to try granting the group's privileges directly to the user. If that solves the problem there must be a bug or a patch needs to be installed. Smile
Previous Topic: Resource Access Descriptor & SSO
Next Topic: SSO Outside of Forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:10:42 CDT 2024