Home » Infrastructure » Linux » Connecting to Oracle via Apache running mod perl (Oracle 11g / Apache mod_perl 2 on Red hat 2.6.18-53.el5 #1)
Connecting to Oracle via Apache running mod perl [message #472979] Wed, 25 August 2010 03:19
makora
Hello,

I have a linux machine which is running as a Apache web server with mod perl and a machine running as a standalone Oracle server. When i try to connect to Oracle via the Apache server, it fails with the error : "
install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load '/opt/oracle/111/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.3/i686-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so' for module DBD::Oracle: libclntsh.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 229
"
On the same development server machine i have a server running CGI perl and it is able to connect to the Oracle machine.

This seems to me to be a mod_perl specific issue and I have tried updating the ld.so.conf with $ORACLE_HOME/lib and running ldconfig ( as root ) without any luck.

Kindly throw some light on this issue. It has been bothering me for quite sometime now!

Let me know if you need more information
Thanks!

[Updated on: Wed, 25 August 2010 09:17]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: RPM for RHEL 5
Next Topic: How to uninstall oracle 10g on Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:52:55 CDT 2024