Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Export/Import Backup (8.1.7, win 2003 server)
Export/Import Backup [message #475925] Sun, 19 September 2010 12:07 Go to next message
ateeqrahman786
Hi,

We are doing daily cold backup. Due to lack of disk space,we couldn't Hot backup. We want our database to be up when doing backups. Since only export/import is possible in our scenario, would someone please clarify few queries:

1) Export was done during off period from the live server.

2) We have a development server, in which we have to update our database daily. Can i overwrite the Development server using IMPORT daily? Since this import might show lots of errors (Object already exist), what parameters can i use for import.

Best Regards,
Re: Export/Import Backup [message #475928 is a reply to message #475925] Sun, 19 September 2010 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
IGNORE=Y

For more information about Export & Import utilities, check the documentation.
Re: Export/Import Backup [message #475971 is a reply to message #475928] Mon, 20 September 2010 05:56 Go to previous message
ThomasG
You might still run into problems:

There might be rows/tables on the development server that have since been deleted on the live server. An import never deletes anything, so that old stuff will never get deleted on the development server, which might cause behaviour differences between live and development (for example when there are additional old lines in application configuration tables)

The way I usually do an export/import into development is that I delete and re-create the oracle "application user" in development and then import the application schema into that empty user.

Previous Topic: DECODE not working while using with SQL Loader
Next Topic: Need help with schema export
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:51:15 CDT 2024