Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Schema Export, table compares across schemas (Oracle 10.2.0.4.0, Windows XP-SP3, SQL Developer 2.1.1.64)
Schema Export, table compares across schemas [message #489007] Wed, 12 January 2011 20:59 Go to next message
oruorainfo
Hello, would anyone be able to help with some pointers on the following items. Not sure if these are possible. Thanks!

1)Want to perform an Export from a Production Schema and Import the results into Test Schema.
BUT, do not want to export ALL objects from Production (only a subset of tables). Is this possible?
If yes, can you point me to any doco on how to do
this? (rather than a complete Export and then a complete Import).

2)I have 2 test instances of Oracle on the same development server, UNIT and SIT. Am using Oracle SQL Developer tool.
While in the UNIT instance, is there a way to select data
from the SIT instance? An example of syntax to use?

3) Can tables in the UNIT instance be compared to tables
in the SIT instance, through any existing Oracle utilities,
if yes, any pointers as to what these utilities might
be called?

Many Thanks!
Re: Schema Export, table compares across schemas [message #489008 is a reply to message #489007] Wed, 12 January 2011 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
It would be helpful if you followed Posting Guidelines - http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/

1)Want to perform an Export from a Production Schema and Import the results into Test Schema.
TABLES=(TAB1,TAB2,.....)

>While in the UNIT instance, is there a way to select data from the SIT instance?
SELECT * FROM TAB5@SIT

>3) Can tables in the UNIT instance be compared to tables in the SIT instance,
Compare table METADATA or table data?
For either just use DBLINK
Re: Schema Export, table compares across schemas [message #489136 is a reply to message #489008] Thu, 13 January 2011 07:48 Go to previous message
oruorainfo
Hello BlackSwan, thanks for your reply and suggestions. Much appreciated! On the posting guidelines point, can you advise please on where i erred, so that i don't make the same mistake again and sorry for the bother.

Thanks!
Previous Topic: Alter The Status of Redolog
Next Topic: Issue regarding IMPORT activity
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:03:46 CDT 2024