Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » How To Compare Date Field in Xml Publisher Report (Oracle Xml Publisher Reports)
How To Compare Date Field in Xml Publisher Report [message #489113] Thu, 13 January 2011 05:14 Go to next message
sivaora
Hi,

I want to compare the date field with the sysdate and , if it greater than or equal to sysdate then only i want to include in my report output.

for example. if employee hiredate >= sysdate then i want to include this record in xml publisher report output.

So how can i write the code in rtf.
Please reply me soon, it's urgent.
Re: How To Compare Date Field in Xml Publisher Report [message #504388 is a reply to message #489113] Sun, 24 April 2011 12:14 Go to previous message
AshishRaj
to_date <?xdofx:to_date ( char [, fmt [, 'nlsparam']] ) TO_DATE converts char of CHAR, VARCHAR2, NCHAR, or NVARCHAR2 datatype to a value of DATE datatype. The fmt is a date format specifying the format of char. If you omit fmt, then char must be in the default date format. If fmt is 'J', for Julian, then char must be an integer.
sysdate() <?xdofx:sysdate()?> SYSDATE returns the current date and time. The datatype of the returned value is DATE. The function requires no arguments.
current_date() <?xdoxslt:current_date($_XDOLOCALE, $_XDOTIMEZONE)?>
Example: <?xdoxslt:current_date('ja-JP', 'Asia/Tokyo')?> Returns the current date in "yyyy-MM-dd" format in the given locale and timezone. This function supports only the Gregorian calendar.
current_time() <?xdoxslt:current_time($_XDOLOCALE, $_XDOTIMEZONE)?>
Example:
<?xdoxslt:current_time('ja-JP', 'Asia/Tokyo')?> Returns the current time in the given locale and timezone. This function supports only the Gregorian calendar.
date_diff <?xdoxslt:date_diff('y', 'YYYY-MM-DD', 'YYYY-MM-DD', $_XDOLOCALE, $_XDOTIMEZONE)?> This function provides a method to get the difference between two dates in the given locale. The dates need to be in "yyyy-MM-dd" format. This function supports only the Gregorian calendar. The syntax is as follows:
<?xdoxslt:date_diff('format', 'YYYY-MM-DD', 'YYYY-MM-DD', $_XDOLOCALE, $_XDOTIMEZONE)?>
where
format is the time value for which the difference is to be calculated. Valid values are :
y - for year
m - for month
w - for week
d - for day
h - for hour
mi - for minute
s - for seconds
ms - for milliseconds
Example:
<?xdoxslt:date_diff('y', '2000-04-08', '2001-05-01', $_XDOLOCALE, $_XDOTIMEZONE)?>
returns
Example:
<?xdoxslt:date_diff('m', '2001-04-08', '2000-02-01', $_XDOLOCALE, $_XDOTIMEZONE)?>
returns
Example:
<?xdoxslt:date_diff('d', '2006-04-08', '2006-04-01', $_XDOLOCALE, 'America/Los_Angeles')?>
returns
sec_diff <?xdoxslt:sec_diff('2000-04-08T20:00:00', '2000-04-08T21:00:00', $_XDOLOCALE, $_XDOTIMEZONE?> This function provides a method to get the difference between two dates in seconds in the given locale. The dates need to be in "yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss". This function supports only Gregorian calendar.
Example:
<?xdoxslt:sec_diff('2000-04-08T20:00:00', '2000-04-08T21:00:00', $_XDOLOCALE, $_XDOTIMEZONE?>
returns
get_day <?xdoxslt:get_day('2000-04-08', $_XDOLOCALE)?> This function provides a method to get the day value of a date in "yyyy-MM-dd" format in the given locale. This function supports only the Gregorian calendar.
Example:
<?xdoxslt:get_day('2000-04-08', $_XDOLOCALE)?>
returns
get_month <?xdoxslt:get_month('2000-04-08', $_XDOLOCALE)?> This function provides a method to get the month value of a date in "yyyy-MM-dd" format in the given locale. This function supports only the Gregorian calendar.
Example:
<?xdoxslt:get_month('2000-04-08', $_XDOLOCALE)?>
returns
get_year <?xdoxslt:get_year('2000-04-08', $_XDOLOCALE)?> This function provides a method to get the year value of a date in "yyyy-MM-dd" format in the given locale. This function supports only the Gregorian calendar.
Example:
<?xdoxslt:get_year('2000-04-08', $_XDOLOCALE)?>
returns
month_name This function provides a method to get the name of the month in the given locale. This function supports only the Gregorian calendar.
The syntax for this function is:
<?xdoxslt:month_name(month, [abbreviate?], $_XDOLOCALE)?>
where
month is the numeric value of the month (Januany = 1)
and
[abbreviate?] is the value 0 for do not abbreviate or 1 for abbreviate.
Example:
<?xdoxslt:month_name(12, 1, 'fr-FR')?>
returns
dec.
Example"
<?xdoxslt:month_name(1, 0, $_XDOLOCALE)?>
returns
January

Raj
www.adivaconsulting.com

[Updated on: Sun, 24 April 2011 12:15]

Report message to a moderator