Home » Infrastructure » Linux » Rpm packaging on Suse Linux (SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (x86_64))
Rpm packaging on Suse Linux [message #494400] Mon, 14 February 2011 04:39 Go to next message
dirshah
Hi All,
I am new to linux. Still I am asked to package a war file as an RPM package. That is an unusual RPM packaging(To me). If you guys could guide me, on how to do that, will be great. I have a war file inside a folder, that folder is inside a tar file as a SOURCE for RPM package. The structure is like below.

--RPMS
--SOURCES
--tasmportlets-1.tar.gz(its a tar file)
--tasmportlets-1(its a folder)
--tasmportlets.war
--BUILD
--SPECS
--mySpecs.spec
--SRPMS

I simply want that the war file from sources is transferred to the web app of my tomcat server through RPM. I try to package it as an RPM, but its always giving me errors in %build stage. When I try to remove %build from stage from the spec file, then it says command missing.

Can anyone please help me here Or point me in the right direction? An example will be great.

My system details are:
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (x86_64)
VERSION = 10
PATCHLEVEL = 1
LSB_VERSION="core-2.0-noarch:core-3.0-noarch:core-2.0-x86_64:core-3.0-x86_64"

Thanks in advance.
Re: Rpm packaging on Suse Linux [message #494402 is a reply to message #494400] Mon, 14 February 2011 05:01 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
This is an Oracle site not a Linux one.
Please find a more appropriate forum.
The topic is locked.
If I'm wrong, please, PM me (or report this message to a moderator, explain why you think it should be unlocked and it might be done).

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Linux root partition 100%
Next Topic: oracle 8i on Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:49:08 CDT 2024