Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Help with pro SQL dump and Oracle Apex sql commands
icon9.gif  Help with pro SQL dump and Oracle Apex sql commands [message #512857] Wed, 22 June 2011 09:37 Go to next message
hugh12
Hello I am a student and encountering issues in a task I am attempting. I have a pro SQL database dump which I want to import into Oracle apex to create a database app but I havnt found any method for doing this so I decided to manual create the tables in the APEX object browser now I have reached the stage where I am trying to use the insert code and data from the SQL dump but it appears APEX wont accept the format it is in for example its current format is:

INSERT INTO `countries` (`countries_id`,`countries_name`,`countries_iso_code_2`,`countries_iso_code_3`,`address_format_id`,`active`)
VALUES
(1,'Afghanistan','AF','AFG',1,1),
(2,'Albania','AL','ALB',1,1),
(3,'Algeria','DZ','DZA',1,1),
(4,'American Samoa','AS','ASM',1,1),
(5,'Andorra','AD','AND',1,1),
(6,'Angola','AO','AGO',1,1),
(7,'Anguilla','AI','AIA',1,1);

Can anyone give me advice on what I'm doing wrong or if possible is there an easier way to import a SQL dump into APEX??

Any help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance
Re: Help with pro SQL dump and Oracle Apex sql commands [message #512911 is a reply to message #512857] Wed, 22 June 2011 16:00 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Invalid syntax. Check this discussion, dealing with the same problem as yours.
Previous Topic: report-start only by pressing on go button, not by entering page
Next Topic: How to Create an Application with no template and custom made CSS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:54:37 CDT 2024