Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » 11gR2 Grid Control - SVG or Flash? (Oracle 11gR2, RH Linux)
11gR2 Grid Control - SVG or Flash? [message #523049] Thu, 15 September 2011 07:00 Go to next message
Jeremy.Russell
I'm trying to use 11gR2 Grid Control to manage several 10gR2 database targets. I'm unable to determine the correct mix of Adobe software plug-ins to use for displaying SQL execution plans in a more graphical style. My client OS is Windows 7 - I have tried to research plug-ins for Internet Explorer 8, I upgraded (and subsequently downgraded!) to IE 9; I installed Firefox 6.x, tried with Google Chrome and all with the same results.

I'm not seeing any relevant information from MyOracle support or on Google, but may not be asking the correct question. As far as I can determine, SVG 3.0 is needed, Adobe stopped development in 2009 and there is no variant available therefore for Windows 7.

Can anyone please suggest a resolution or point me at where this question may have been discussed on this website already.

Thank you in advance,

Jeremy Russell
Re: 11gR2 Grid Control - SVG or Flash? [message #525113 is a reply to message #523049] Thu, 29 September 2011 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aliano
Hi! I have 11g Grid Control, my PC has Windows 7 64 bits, and when I installed Windows 7, I added to it SVG Viewer 3.03 (Win 98-XP 04/2005, only available), and I can say it works perfectly.

But I agree with you that it will be necessary another product for next years. In the meantime, I'll keep this file, just in case. Smile
Re: 11gR2 Grid Control - SVG or Flash? [message #525139 is a reply to message #525113] Thu, 29 September 2011 07:33 Go to previous message
Jeremy.Russell
Thanks, aliano ... I did manage to get the plan displayed - finally - by installing the 32 bit Internet Explorer + SVG viewer, but that does intermittently crash out on me. I'll update this if I can get closer to a root cause of the crashing.
Previous Topic: Change DB User for OEM / Change DBSNMP Password
Next Topic: OC4J Configuration issue. OC4J_DBConsole_ip_sid not found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:11:35 CDT 2024