Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Job submission Failure (10.2.0.3.0 running on Windows )
Job submission Failure [message #549043] Tue, 27 March 2012 12:20 Go to next message
helles_angel
Hi there,

I don't have too much experience with EM and am trying to create a backup job in my UAT/testing instance, but with little success. Hopefully, someone has a bit of insight into my issue.

Bottom line: I'm trying to create a backup job to disk (backup is to be stored in a drive local to the DB server) and it seems simple enough, but I keep getting the following error:

The job submission has failed for the following reason
ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: hex to raw conversion error ORA-06512: at "SYSMAN.DECRYPT", line 5 ORA-06512: at "SYSMAN.MGMT_CREDENTIAL", line 408 ORA-06512: at SYSMAN.MGMT_CREDENTIAL", line 1007 ORA-06512: at "SYSMAN.MGMT_CREDENTIAL", line 1400 ORA-06512: at SYSMAN.MGMT_JOBS", line 295 ORA-06512: at "SYSMAN.MGMT_JOBS", line 78 ORA-06512: at line 1

Background:
In "Recovery Settings", I have a "Flash Recovery Area Location" defined (path local to the DB -i.e. the server that the DB resides on), a "Flash Recovery Area Size" of 4 defined, and a Flashback Retention Time of 24 hours defined. Everything else is riding default values.

In "Backup Settings", there's nothing defined. Everything here is riding default values. As I understand it, not specifying a Disk Backup Location is fine so long as the Flash Recovery Area is defined.

All the local services are turned on (scheduling, etc.). If somebody could help me get my head out of my arse, I would supre appreciate it.

Am I missing anything? Pertinent/relevant info?

Edit: If it's relevant, I mirrored the recovery/backup settings in UAT to the same as PROD, but changed what I needed to in order to accommodate the UAT environment (e.g. paths, etc.)

[Updated on: Tue, 27 March 2012 12:49] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Job submission Failure [message #549941 is a reply to message #549043] Wed, 04 April 2012 16:46 Go to previous message
helles_angel
Hmm... still having issues creating a scheduled backup job. I did more research over the past week and still can't figure out what's wrong or even what to diagnose.

This is exactly what I'm following: "Backing Up Your Database With the Oracle-Suggested Disk Backup Strategy" in http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B16351_01/doc/server.102/b14196/backrest003.htm

Follow these steps to use the Oracle-suggested strategy to back up to disk:

1) In the Backup/Recovery section of the Maintenance page, click Schedule Backup.

2) The Schedule Backup page appears, as shown in .

3) In the Oracle-Suggested Backup section, click the Schedule Oracle-Suggested Backup button.

4) The Schedule Oracle-Suggested Backup:Destination page appears. On this page, you select the destination media for the backup, which can be disk, tape or both.

5) Select Disk as the destination and click Next.

6) The Schedule Oracle-Suggested Backup: Setup page. This page describes the backups that are performed each day as part of the disk-based strategy.

7) There are no settings to change on this page. Click Next

8) The Schedule Oracle-Suggested Backup: Schedule page appears.

9) You are prompted for Start Date, Time Zone, and Daily Backup Time for the daily backups. Based upon your expected usage patterns, choose times for the nightly backup during which database activity is low. Click Next.

10) The Schedule Oracle-Suggested Backup: Review page appears.

11) The backup script RMAN will run is displayed (although you cannot edit the script directly). You are presented with a chance to confirm or alter your settings. In the backup script, you can see the tag ORA$OEM_LEVEL_0 that the script assigns to the backup. Assuming you do not need to change the schedule, click Submit Job to add the job for the Oracle-suggested strategy to your schedule.

And I keep getting the error described in the original post the second I press "Submit Job"

Bueller?
Previous Topic: Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)?
Next Topic: 500 Internal Server Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:39:07 CDT 2024