Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Migrating using Transportable tablespace (Windows 2003 Oracle 10.2.0.3)
Migrating using Transportable tablespace [message #556381] Sun, 03 June 2012 15:25 Go to next message
preet_kumar
I am using transportable tablespace to migrate from 10g to 11g from Windows to Linux System.
The steps are as follow
On 10g make the tablespace read only mode and export the metadata information and copy the tablespace datafiles to the 11g server.
Now on 11g when i am importing the exported metadata it says that the user does not exist and if i create the user and tablespace it does not work as it says tablespace already exist.

For transportable tablespace do i have to create the user already on 11g ? If yes then i also need to create the tablespace which i need to assign to the user.
Re: Migrating using Transportable tablespace [message #561378 is a reply to message #556381] Fri, 20 July 2012 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alan.kendall@nfl.com
Before actually importing the tablespace(s) into the target database, you will need to ensure that all users that own segments in the imported tablespaces exist.

When the tablespaces are successfully imported into the target database, they are in READ ONLY mode. If you intend to use the tablespaces for READ WRITE, you will need to manually alter them:
SQL> ALTER TABLESPACE fact1 READ WRITE;

A sql that you can use to see the users that have to be created before the import is the following.
ECSESBP1 > select owner,tablespace_name,count(*)
  2  from dba_segments
  3  where tablespace_name='TEAMSITE_TBS'
  4  group by tablespace_name,owner;

OWNER                   TABLESPACE_NAME   COUNT(*)
----------------------- --------------- ----------
SITE_PUBLISHER_RUNTIME2 TEAMSITE_TBS            40
TEAMSITE2               TEAMSITE_TBS            25
TEAMSITE                TEAMSITE_TBS            25
TSCOMMON                TEAMSITE_TBS             8
TSCOMMON2               TEAMSITE_TBS             8
SITE_PUBLISHER_RUNTIME  TEAMSITE_TBS            66
SITE_PUBLISHER          TEAMSITE_TBS            66
TSREPORT                TEAMSITE_TBS           166
SITE_PUBLISHER2         TEAMSITE_TBS            40

[Updated on: Sat, 21 July 2012 00:34] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Migrating using Transportable tablespace [message #561387 is a reply to message #561378] Sat, 21 July 2012 00:37 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
And before transporting check the tablespace has no dependencies in other tablespace using DBMS_TTS.TRANSPORT_SET_CHECK.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Field in data file exceeds maximum length
Next Topic: materialized view with nologging
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:57:42 CDT 2024