Home » Other » General » changing browser close button message (Forms Builder 10g)
changing browser close button message [message #556627] Tue, 05 June 2012 13:57 Go to next message
VAC357
Greetings!!!

Don't know the exact forum to post my question and if this isn't the place, I apologize.

I'm currently developing a webpage with links to web-based applications. What I would like to do is display a message should the user click the 'X' to close/exit the application incorrectly. I've coded something using javascript that works from the launch screen, but doesn't trickle down when other links are invoked (open in a new browser window).

Is there a way to control this? Please say yes... Laughing There has to be a way to prevent or warn users, exiting the application risks data loss.

Thanks in advance,

Vernon
Re: changing browser close button message [message #556628 is a reply to message #556627] Tue, 05 June 2012 14:06 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't know; but Google told me that you can't do that. But - if you use something like the following line:
window.open('index.aspx','','fullscreen=yes,titlebar=no,toolbar=no,statusbar=no');
when opening the browser window, it will hide window buttons (which includes 'X') so users won't see it (and, obviously, won't be able to close the window).

(The whole discussion).
Previous Topic: (Possibly OT) an Oracle script manager for Linux?
Next Topic: Oracle 10g Client
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:16:59 CDT 2024