Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Icons in JAR file (FMW 11, Win 2008)
Icons in JAR file [message #564101] Tue, 21 August 2012 07:09
Kaeluan
Hi,
We are in the process of migrating our Forms 10g to 11g.
During the migration I want to migrate all our icons file in JAR file instead.
So I package my icons in the JAR file and update my formsweb.cfg file to include the new JAR File.

So everything at this point work fine, I open my application and my icons appear correctly.
My problem is the following, If I change my JAR file by changing Icons in it. I open my application and it keep using the old JAR file.
I know that using a JAR file for icons will download it locally to use it. But how can I force Oracle Form to reload the JAR file. The only way I found to force the refresh is to clear my java cache by opening the Java configuration in the control panel.

We have many end-user and I don`t think it will be possible to ask them to clear the Java cache manually if we change the Icons JAR file. Is there another way to force the refresh when the application start?

The Oracle documentation say the following
Quote:

In order for Oracle Forms to access the icon files stored in this archive, the archive must be stored into the forms/java directory. Also, the name of the archive file must be part of the archive tag used in the custom application section of the formsweb.cfg file. Now, when the initial application starts, the icon files are downloaded and permanently stored on the client until the archive file is changed.

"... until the archive file is changed." Do I need to do something to flag the file as changed?

Thank for helping

Previous Topic: REP-52251: Cannot get output of job ID 32421 you requested on Tue Aug 14 10:54:36 GMT+05:30 2012.<P>
Next Topic: Oracle Apps Server Installation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:44:25 CDT 2024