Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Physical StandBy on a Standard Edition 11.2 (Oracle Database 11.2.0.3.0 on AIX 6.1)
icon5.gif  Physical StandBy on a Standard Edition 11.2 [message #610553] Fri, 21 March 2014 03:41 Go to next message
Elleme
See below in French

Hello,

I've got a standby database on a Standard Edition with a Manual Recovery of the archivelogs from my primary.
It seems to be all right but I'm not sure that my standby is Ok.
In fact, when my standby is mounted I can see that the last sequence number is the same that the last one of my primary. But when I open it in read-only mode I don't find the last data that I've generated in my primary.
For example, below are the data I've got in a table where I've modified some data in my primary :

SQL> select min(e8), max(e8) from cortexte.temoin;
MIN(E8) MAX(E8)
---------- ----------
1 500

And below the data in the same table of my standby after having played the archivelogs :

SQL> select min(e8), max(e8) from cortexte.temoin;
MIN(E8) MAX(E8)
---------- ----------
1 1500

I don't understand why my data aren't updated or accessible as soon as my archivelogs have been recovered.
Does anyone could explain me this ?

Thanks a lot

Laurent

Bonjour à tous,

J'ai une standby database (Standard Edition) sur laquelle je viens rejouer régulièrement les archivelogs de ma primary. Tout semble techniquement se passer correctement et le dernier numéro de séquence que je trouve sur ma standby à l'état Mounted est conforme au dernier numéro de séquence généré sur ma primary.
Ce que je ne comprends pas c'est la raison pour laquelle, lorsque je passe ma base à l'état Open (read-only), je ne retrouve pas dans une table témoin les dernières données que j'ai généré sur la primary.

Si quelqu'un a une explication, je serais preneur.

Merci d'avance,

Laurent

Re: Physical StandBy on a Standard Edition 11.2 [message #610557 is a reply to message #610553] Fri, 21 March 2014 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Welcome to the forum. Please read our OraFAQ Forum Guide and please read How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read

Your example is not clear, I do not know what you expect to see in each database or what DML you executed.
If you open read only, you can look at v$database.current_scn to see exactly how where the recovery is.
Re: Physical StandBy on a Standard Edition 11.2 [message #610561 is a reply to message #610557] Fri, 21 March 2014 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

... and query the table for this <scn> on your primary database:
select min(e8), max(e8) from cortexte.temoin as of scn <scn>;

Re: Physical StandBy on a Standard Edition 11.2 [message #610575 is a reply to message #610561] Fri, 21 March 2014 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elleme
Bonjour,

Merci pour votre réponse. Que dois-je attendre en passant ma requête ? Le SCN doit-il être identique sur les deux bases après avoir joué les journaux sur la standby ?

Bien cordialement,

Laurent
Re: Physical StandBy on a Standard Edition 11.2 [message #610600 is a reply to message #610575] Fri, 21 March 2014 12:13 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Please this forum is english stay on this language.
Note there are other languages at bottom of the main including a French one if you want to continue (just tell me and I will move the topic) but you will then have less answers which would be too bad for you.

Now, the SCN in both databases will not be the same ones. Once you open the standby database in read only mode scn is frozen when the scn of the primary database will still goes on but you will see with this statement that you have the same content in your table in both databases for the same scn.

The scn of your standby database depends if you apply the modification based on complete archived log or with option USING CURRENT LOGFILE. Have a look at alert.log file and/or query gv$dataguard_status as well as v$archived_log.applied to follow the apply, gv$archive_gap to know if some logs are missing...

(Note: I don't know if all these ones applies to standard edition, maybe John knows.)

Previous Topic: Is FAL must in Oracle 9204
Next Topic: Standby Recovery using real time apply
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:08:45 CDT 2024