Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » access my application over the internet (Oracle10g)
access my application over the internet [message #611317] Tue, 01 April 2014 04:08 Go to next message
kame
Hi Experts,

Good Day.

I am running Oracle 10g application Server on my local Network within a building, I want to access my application over the internet (access from anywhere) May I ask what should I do. please I want to know step by step.

Oracle 10g developer

Oracle 10g database

Oracle 10g Application Server

Server = Windows 7

Client = Windows 7 / XP

Thanks in advance.
Re: access my application over the internet [message #611318 is a reply to message #611317] Tue, 01 April 2014 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Is your local network accessible from the Internet? Normally, it is not. Therefore, you have to find a way to allow access from the "outside world" to your LAN. It can be done - I know as I use that option when accessing my company LAN when I'm at home or elsewhere - I just need access to the Internet.

How it is done? No idea, I'm just a poor developer, other people take care about that stuff. Talk to your network administrators, explain what you need to do and they'll find a way. If it means anything to you (or them), here's what I (as a "client") have to install in order to make it work: Check_Point_Endpoint_Connect_R73_HFA1_For_Windows_85000024.msi. Google will know better.
Re: access my application over the internet [message #611320 is a reply to message #611318] Tue, 01 April 2014 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kame
We have a DSL modem with static IP, we remotely access CCTV over Internet with the help of port forwarding in DSL Modem.

but no idea how to access Oracle application over internet, Can we access with forward port in DSL modem.
Re: access my application over the internet [message #611322 is a reply to message #611320] Tue, 01 April 2014 04:52 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't know.

Just forgot to mention: I believe that direct access shouldn't be allowed. Your LAN should be "hidden" behind some sort of a firewall or whatever are these devices named. I guess that you wouldn't want me to freely connect to your network, run applications and ruin your data.

Perhaps this forum - as it is dedicated to Oracle discussions - is a wrong place, and you should ask for help elsewhere (such as network security forums).
Previous Topic: ORA-02062: distributed recovery received DBID
Next Topic: Database and Application Servers on different VLAN or same VLAN?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:34:21 CDT 2024