Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Intermittent Oracle connection issue
Intermittent Oracle connection issue [message #634157] Wed, 04 March 2015 21:01 Go to next message
VIP2013
Hi I am using Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production. Its a three node RAC.

Recently we have migrated to new linux hardware from AIX and we started seeing intermittent ORA-12545 connection lost issue, that too from one specific application, but not from all applications. So we rerun the jobs, then it works fine. So need expert advice to fix this issue permanently.

ERROR DETAILS:
---------------
The connector could not establish connection to Oracle server PRODDB.
Method: OCIServerAttach, Error code: 12,545, Error message ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist.

App server/client side TNS entry:
PROD =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = prd1db-scan.svr.us.abc.net)(PORT = 1004))
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVER = DEDICATED)
(SERVICE_NAME = PROD_ds.CMA.whem.abc.net)
)
)

We are using scanname for resolving the host names, and i verified its already mapped to 3-ips in the DNS and also all the prod DB nodes and VIPS are well resolved by the DNS. I checked that using nslookup command.

Service(PROD_ds.CMA.whem.abc.net) is well configured on two of the nodes, node-2 being the preferred node and node-1 is available.

Local_listener has been set to the VIP's and remote listeners has been set with the scan names.

I verified the etc/hosts file in server side, and found it containd entry for public/private/virtual ips and Scan-ips are remain commented, and i believe that is how it should be configured. And my client side etc/host doe not have any entry for the DB hosts/vips.. etc as because DNS is configured properly, so i believe its not required.

again my team tried putting the hard coded host name in the host name as below, but the issue still persisting intermittently

PROD =
(DESCRIPTION =
(FAILOVER = true)
(LOAD_BALANCE = true)
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = prd1dbn2.svr.us.abc.net)(PORT = 1005))
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVER = DEDICATED)
)

So i am wondering should i try putting the VIPS the host name as below(i already verified my local_listener conains the VIP entries), or its going to give me same result? or any other thing i should look at?

PROD =
(DESCRIPTION =
(FAILOVER = true)
(LOAD_BALANCE = true)
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = prd1dbn2-Vip.svr.us.abc.net)(PORT = 1005))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = prd1dbn1-Vip.svr.us.abc.net)(PORT = 1005))
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVER = DEDICATED)
)
Re: Intermittent Oracle connection issue [message #634158 is a reply to message #634157] Wed, 04 March 2015 21:04 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
https://community.oracle.com/thread/3643668
Previous Topic: OID for Oracle TNSNAMES.ora
Next Topic: Resource leak problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:57:38 CDT 2024