Home » Other » Training & Certification » OCP MySQL 5.6 DBA 1Z0-883 is a very hard nut to crack (MySQL 5.6)
icon13.gif  OCP MySQL 5.6 DBA 1Z0-883 is a very hard nut to crack [message #639486] Wed, 08 July 2015 09:38
rc3d
background:
- some years Oracle RDBMS experience. Mainly as a SQL developer.
- Oracle RDBMS passed exams: OCE SQL Expert and OCA DBA
- attended "MySQL for Database Administrators Ed 3.1" at Oracle University and repeated eKit every evening 4 hours/day in hotel
- scheduled exam 2 months after training. Prepared every week 6 hours with VM installation and eKit.
- no dumps

Failed exam with 59%. You need 64%. Iniquitous difficult questions about MySQL Performance Schema (first released in MySQL 5.5.3) and general performance tuning. Lots of clustering and replication questions.
Questions about Oracle specific (not included in Open Source version and MariaDB) and proprietary stuff (for example MySQL Enterprise Audit and PAM Modules). Questions about Solaris, Linux and Windows. Which admin use all 3?

IMHO you can't pass this exam when you don't have minimum 6 months of full time real world (production) practice.

I won't try a second time. I try my luck with OCP MySQL 5.6 Developer 1Z0-882. I hope SQL is SQL Smile
Previous Topic: GoCertify Newsletter: Oracle's legendarily difficult certification exams
Next Topic: Oracle 12C 1z0-061 certification
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:12:12 CDT 2024