Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Multiple user inputs report (oracle 9i)
Multiple user inputs report [message #645157] Sat, 28 November 2015 00:23 Go to next message
snsiddiqui
Dear All,

I want to create a report with department, employee and month parameters but I want to give option to user to select any single department or all departments or select more than one department.

Kindly advise me, how?
Re: Multiple user inputs report [message #645187 is a reply to message #645157] Sat, 28 November 2015 05:16 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Reports' Parameter Form can't do that, so you'll have to develop your own solution.

If you, for example, call that report from Forms, you could create a data block based on the "departments" table and let users mark (with a checkbox) departments they are interested in. Report would then look at that table and display only values that are checked.

Or, if you call the report from an Apex application, a shuttle item might be a good idea. Its output is a colon-delimited string (so you'd have to parse it in report in order to display desired values).
Previous Topic: Running reports in web layout
Next Topic: how to use Global temporary table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:07:36 CDT 2024