Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Error while connecting with oci8 driver to default database: java.lang.NullPointerException (RDBMS 12.1..0.2 on linux)
Error while connecting with oci8 driver to default database: java.lang.NullPointerException [message #648519] Wed, 24 February 2016 09:12 Go to next message
evoradba
Hello
Im trying to load java into the database see below the command - this command works in oracle 11.2.3 no problem however in oracle 12 is a no go.

i have removed and reinstall java from the oracle instance as per note How to Reload the JVM in 12.1.0.x ( Doc ID 1612279.1 )
I have also run a few times utlrp.sql and still nothing, i dont know anymore what to do

loadjava -schema TEST directjava.jar
Error while connecting with oci8 driver to default database: java.lang.NullPointerException
exiting : could not open connection

Any help comments would be great
Re: Error while connecting with oci8 driver to default database: java.lang.NullPointerException [message #648531 is a reply to message #648519] Wed, 24 February 2016 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
evoradba wrote on Wed, 24 February 2016 07:12
Hello
Im trying to load java into the database see below the command - this command works in oracle 11.2.3 no problem however in oracle 12 is a no go.

i have removed and reinstall java from the oracle instance as per note How to Reload the JVM in 12.1.0.x ( Doc ID 1612279.1 )
I have also run a few times utlrp.sql and still nothing, i dont know anymore what to do

loadjava -schema TEST directjava.jar
Error while connecting with oci8 driver to default database: java.lang.NullPointerException
exiting : could not open connection

Any help comments would be great

If OCI8 is really being used, you need to realize that SQL*Net only works between Oracle versions within TWO major releases.
So I am surprised when you report OCI8 worked with V11 DB, but am not surprised that it does not work with V12 DB.

Re: Error while connecting with oci8 driver to default database: java.lang.NullPointerException [message #648538 is a reply to message #648531] Wed, 24 February 2016 14:56 Go to previous message
evoradba
Hi
the issue has been fix it was invalid objects in the database, here is what i did to fix it

sqlplus / as sysdba
@?/rdbms/admin/catproc.sql
@?/rdbms/admin/utlrp.sql
@?/rdbms/admin/utlrp.sql
@?/rdbms/admin/utlrp.sql

>> The utlrp is meant to be executed few times in case there is any dependency that needs to be resolved.

Please login as sysdba and run the below commands, so the validation check in catnojav.sql will pass, so a complete JVM removal can proceed.

sqlplus / as sysdba
execute sys.dbms_registry.loaded('JAVAVM');
execute sys.dbms_registry.loaded('CATJAVA');
execute sys.dbms_registry.valid('JAVAVM');
execute sys.dbms_registry.valid('CATJAVA');

reload JVM using below note:
How to Reload the JVM in 12.1.0.x ( Doc ID 1612279.1 )

Previous Topic: Need help : send XML with BLOB as Base64
Next Topic: No modifier vs Protected
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:05:11 CDT 2024